They seem to love it underneath the truck...

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Lawanda, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    :)

They tend to gravitate toward this hill when we let them free range....
    [​IMG]
    And they love to rest underneath my dh's truck! Which I think is so funny! :lol
    [​IMG]
    This is Bella (standing) and her sister Alice(sitting), who we have decided to keep now :)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hmmm no photo :shrug:

3. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Sorry, it wouldn't let me copy and paste the url. Got it now :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How cute..... :love: :greengrin:

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Just an update, too, in case you are interested to know... We are going to SC to pick up a couple of brush goats from an old friend who cannot care for his goats anymore. He was a sort of mentor for my dh when he lived here, but he moved to SC some years ago.

So anyhow, he hated the thought of selling his goats, but he just cannot keep them. So we offered to come get them and he seemed pretty happy about it :) He was telling us how big to make the crate and everything the other day :)

So after we pick them up, we will have 5 goats! And then when Hope kid in January (hopefully) we will have 6 or more!

We are going to have an actual herd, without quite meaning to... haha

Here's the goats in SC:

[​IMG]

Here is one of them a bit closer...
    [​IMG]

I know they are very hard to see, but could anyone maybe guess as to a breed or type they are? They are brush goats, but they are both does, a mama and her daughter, and I may think of breeding them in the future if I run out of babies ;)

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    look to be alpine dairy goats from those pictures.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Mine go under the truck also. It is funny. I guess it is a lot cooler for them

8. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    They looks like Alpines for sure. I knew of one herd of brush goats that had a purebred French Alpine as the herd sire! Reallly nice buck that was very well bred!

My goats LOVE going under the trucks too! They also like getting under the horse trailer which is a littler higher than the stock trailer -we park the trucks and nomally park the trailers on gravel - and I know during the summer the gravel under them is nice and cool which is why they like to be under them. What is a pain though is I have trouble getting them to move when I need to leave!

9. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Yeah, Kevin had to have the girls shoo them out from underneath there so he could leave! It was kinda funny to watch :greengrin:

So... Alpines! YAY! haha I really didn't care what they were, but figured you all could shed a little light on the type they may be :) I will definitely breed them, then, cuz I am hoping to milk some goats! :)

I forget their names, but we will find out when we pick them up on the 29th!!! :clap:

10. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    My goats also love crawling under trucks. lol I'll never understand it!