They Survived the Move

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by nancy d, Oct 18, 2010.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Breeding season over with here, put the last two does back with the rest, then moved Auto the Sr buck in with the other boys.
    He & Valentino the 2yr old spent time beating the snot out of each other. Val is the one who we should have put down long ago because he had an injury which left him weak in the rear & this yr unable to breed because of it.
    Anyway I went out after dark to barely make out Val literally on his butt with a front leg dangling. I feared the worst...
    Turns out his horns were stuck in the field fence & he was facing away from fence. The leg was dangling cause of the position he was in. I held flashlight while Bob got his horns unstuck.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy that must have been scary for a bit. Glad he wasnt hurt or anything like that

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    boys.... sounds like my girls on a naughty day of pushing each other around! Glad they survived, and hope things get better between the boys!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That must of been very scary.... glad all is OK.... :hug:

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    All is relatively peaceful out there now, its just so unnerving when they have to duke it out, does or bucks :roll: