They're Here..They're Here!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Itchysmom, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    My goats are home! They loaded in the truck and made the trip really well. We thot we would have problems with Sasha, but she was pretty good. They are settling in, the dogs have seen them and the little doeling touched noses with my GP through the fence.

So, I have my doe...Sasha and her whether, and a doeling from my does sister. The doeling was bottle fed and is super friendly! asha if a FF and the babies were born March 31st.

This is Sasha and her son. He was an only kid and so mom raised him. He is bigger than the rest of the babies because of this and the fact that all the others were triplets.
    [​IMG]

Here are the three of them
    [​IMG]

My little doeling...I need a name for her!
    [​IMG]

So, tell me what you think!

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    They are very cute! I love Sasha's horns! And the whether's horns for some reason make me think of a 'Wizard.' :)
    The doeling is just gorgeous too. Congrats! BTW, we thought our goats would freak out too when we loaded them! But they did great! IN fact, we brought 4 of them home in the back of our SUV, and guess who was sitting in the very back with them? LOL Of course we brought 2 at a time from different breeders. They hid their heads in my lap or sniffed the back of my kids head in the back seat LOL The kids loved that :)

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very cute.... :thumb: :greengrin:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice looking little herd! I think your little doeling's horns will be like Sasha's, curved back...the little wether looks so sweet, I'm glad you took him with his mom :wink:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Really cute! I love them!! Congrats!!

7. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    They seem to have settled in nicely. My GP is already protective over them!

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very nice - I am terrible with names so I wont even try :p Im sure you will find a fitting name

9. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yay! So glad they are home! Looks like they are settling in nicely :)

10. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    HA1 my GP is out there watching her goats like a good girl!

I am thinking of naming the doeling Belle. What do you think?

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Belle is a pretty name! What is the little wethers name?

LOL... When I have the opportunity to choose names for goats that stay here I tend to choose names that go with the others so that when I call them it fits like a song.
    "Bootsie, Binkey,Angel,Heidi,Bailey,Penny".......the names sorta run together and gets them off the hill and to the shed PDQ!

12. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    My Thoroughbred's name is Belle so I think that is a good name ;) Sasha's son looks like he is going to have an impressive set of horns! The right name will come to you for the son I am sure! Though this year I have been having trouble with names - we have been calling one of the babies this year Pocket Pet - I really need to get a real name for her so I can register her!

They are a pretty group!

Liz - too funny! I must sound interesting to the neighbors when I call everyone's names when I want them to come in lols!

13. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Belle is a cute name :) For some reason looking at that pic by herself I was thinking 'Frannie.' LOL But I have Frannie on the mind right now <a racehorse I like was just retired a few days ago due to injury - Franny Freud!>.
    She does look like a 'Belle.'

14. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    The whethers name is Freezer...I do not want to get too friendly with him as he will be butcherd this fall! However, when I went in to give them some oats, he ate out of my hand and let me pet his forehead. Now, if I could only get Sasha that far today, I'll be good!

Belle is a talker. She is sort of the odd girl out as Sasha and Freezer stick together. She calls and when I walk out there she comes right over for pets. She is going to be my pocket baby I can tell!

Thier coats look a bit ragged. I hope hubby remembers to ask the previous owner when and if they have been wormed. That would the first thing I would do. Next I would give some sort of oil...like sunflower seeds? Any suggestions on that score? I just do not think thier coats look as good as they could.

15. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    giving them some black oil sunflower seeds would probably help, along with making sure they have their free choice minerals and aren't low on copper. I know getting enough copper into Parsley seemed to be what really out him over the top into finally looking good.

They are a lovely looking bunch of goats!