They're here!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by happyhogs, Oct 24, 2009.

1. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    OMG, they're here and just boooootiful!! I am sooo in love!!! I don't want to come home and leave them! :stars:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Wow, quite the set up they have! Very cute goaties. :D

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I love their home ....very nice ....those goats are adorable...I am sure... they will be very happy there...........congrats... :love: :hug: :greengrin: :thumbup:

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    They're adorable! :love: Congrats!!!!! :stars:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Great job on their home!! They look very content :love:

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    How cute they are and love their digs!

7. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Thanks so much guys! We spent sooooo long building the pen. First, lots of research on 'goat proof' fencing and then needing to consider the aesthetics as it's in the school and needed to be pretty and then a day with my dad and sister and I building the pen...back breaking work with the post rammer that pulled muscles I never knew I had...then another nine hour day making the gate and putting all the mesh in. I am chuffed to bits with the results though and Teddy and Tumnus seem to approve too!

Now I would like to get some more things in there to amuse them...rocks and logs to climb on, maybe some toys.....any suggestions? Don't want my babies getting bored. They seem to like the hay ball, both to eat out of and to nibble on (it's made from willow) and I have hung some willow sticks from the fence on the other side. I have also been tying their browse to the fence but not sure what else to do to stimulate their little goaty minds!

8. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    We brought in BIG rocks for ours to climb on and they love them.......but I warn, moving big enough rocks for them to climb is not an easy task! They will love anything that they can safely climb on.......I have a few short barrels turned upside down, big tree stumps......inside their barn I have an old heavy wood crate turned on it's side and they love playing on it when indoors and then the little ones will climb up in it to sleep........there are so many things you can use. I just always make sure any thing I use is very strudy and safe. Have fun with your babies!

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    rocks are great, and they look cool...but I have spools in one of the pens...set up next to each other :thumb:

your efforts paid off, those goats look happy :love:

10. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    thanks for the ideas guys x

I thought about the big rock thing, especially as that would be more natural but as you said, getting them there is a problem! I might speak to the local quarry, see if they can do it as a favour to the Primary school!

And spools Alaskaboers? Do you mean like the giant 'cotton reel' looking things that you get industrial cabling and stuff on? Hmmm, where did you get them from?