The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We brought home our first goats last night! They are Moonshine the little one and the other one we are thinking of calling Lilly. They are sweethearts but Lilly HATES to be milked! I am finishing the milking stand now so that should make it much easier. I'm so in love with them!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
She will hate it for about a week, but she will get used to it. I brought home a kinder doe in milk in February and well let's just say I literally wanted to pull my hair out not to mention hers too:( Now, she is my queen. She goes right to the milking stanchion, and eats while I milk no problem... I just brought her sister home in milk last week, same thing although she is settling down quite a bit now, still have to put a bucket underneath her.
She will come around, just be calm and consistent with your routine:)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
congrats! they're adorable! don't give up on the milking...it'll take a few days but she'll get the hang of it. just don't let her win!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't give up! She's got to earn her keep! We're just both new at this we'll get the hang of it. She's adjusted more now and is eating and drinking better. So now I don't feel quite as bad manhandling her.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Congratulations, they are gorgeous! And good luck working on milking them! :) It's very fun and rewarding getting to milk them, but it does take plenty of time and patience at first!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts