They've got my number...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Darby77, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Somechicksgoats

Somechicksgoats Member

Aug 14, 2017
    South Eastern Idaho
    I can envision almost all of these!!!

toth boer goats and Darby77 like this.
  2. thekibblegoddess

thekibblegoddess Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Sylvania, GA
    My goats are such 'grain-brains' that I don't often carry feed out among them - I get knocked around too much. On the rare occasion that I feed them in the pasture I end up balancing the feed bucket on my head. Looks weird in south GA, but works.

Goat_Scout and Darby77 like this.

3. Somechicksgoats

Somechicksgoats Member

Aug 14, 2017
    South Eastern Idaho
    The picture of that makes me giggle!!

Darby77 likes this.
  4. MadCatX

MadCatX Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    Mine are spoiled - I feed them hot water bottles in the morning and at night, if I dont they stand there with perfectly good water next to them and yell at me until I come outside. Then they look at me like I made them walk through a desert.

lmttwc, Somechicksgoats and Darby77 like this.
  5. goat girls

goat girls Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2017
    New mexcico
    Mine scream if I'm 2 minutes late. My mom says it sound like they're ready to join a army.

Darby77 likes this.
  6. MadCatX

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    That's too funny - mine will stomp their hooves and get louder. My Pygmy Doeling will literally change her tone from a small pitch bleat to full on yelling at me. lol

7. lmttwc

lmttwc New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    I do the same thing with mine bottles in the am and pm. They were bottle babies and now bottle adults lol

MadCatX likes this.
  8. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    This is how mine go's

Me: Now that you are all milked it's food time!
    Goats: YAY!!! Let push her over
    Me: Hay Peony get off the gate your going to brake it
    Peony: NEVER!!
    Me: I have a stick"Holds up stick"
    Peony: RUN!!!
    Luna: HAY Tulip guess what
    Tulip: What?
    Luna: HEADBUTT
    Me: Luna don't hit Tulip!!!
    Luna: What did you say hit Tulip OKAY!!!
    Me: Luna I have a stick"Holds up stick"
    Luna:RUN!!!
    Me: "Puts feed in feeder"
    Marigold: Nobody can have this but ME!!!
    Me: "Ties Marigold to wall and gives her feed"
    Marigold: NNOOO!!!

Lstein and Darby77 like this.
  9. MadCatX

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    Im so happy Im not alone! LOL - I spoil mine they were bottle babies and not bottle-lings lol

10. MadCatX

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    LMBO - that is awesome and I can see that happening. Clyde loves to run in front of us until we get the fly swatter then he's newp they're serious lol

11. TexasGoatMan

TexasGoatMan Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Dekalb, Texas
    If I didn't have goats I would think all of you are crazy !!!! :lolgoat::lolgoat::crazy: I feed Annie on the stand, she stands at the gate and bawls and swings her head back and forth waiting for me to open it so she can jump up on the stand and eat. The rest are stand just behind her patiently waiting for me to arrive with their feed. I tell them to get out of the way my knees can't move with all of you in the way and stop stopping in the way, move it. The to the stalls I go with Zoe trying to get her head into the bucket and Lizzie and Duchess turning circles in the stall waiting for me to dump feed. A hand full here in this feeder and dump some in that feeder then back to the first to empty the bucket. Snowflake and Ginger are waiting in the next stall for me (good girls) so I dump feed into one feeder and Snowflake bumps the bucket spilling feed, *)&ESG)) explicit and I go to the next feeder to empty the bucket. Skipper (boer buck) is waiting for his feed and talks to me while I am getting into his pen to feed him, no problems then Heidi and Brandi are looking for me and running in circles but no knee knocking.. Finally Rowdy is doing jumping jacks and all kind of crazy moves while I am walking to feed him. He is so happy to have his feed. By the time I get all fed Annie is crying to get off the stand or at least letting me know she is finished. Every day same ole act, they have it down to an art. Finally after all feeders are taken up and hay is in the manger and they are all eating hay, I get into the feed room and get a handful of animal crackers and walk out side and holler
    "COOKIES" THE stampede is on to the gate where I take refuge to hand each a couple of cookies. Gosh how they love them. Then I say good nite !

Darby77 and Lstein like this.
  12. Lstein

Lstein Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    North Dakota
    That's another treat, animal crackers, I'm going to have to add to my bag of tricks to get individuals to cooperate, lol.

13. MadCatX

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    LOL - mine love Cheetos - same situation...lol we get them fed and of course the water bottles. Which mine will sit there and do all this talking then they will lick there lips and stick their tongues out. But when we say -Cheeetosss- they will attack lol, and its funny to watch them eat, they'll have the Cheetos dust on their mouths and they crunch them like we do lol.

14. TexasGoatMan

TexasGoatMan Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Dekalb, Texas
    We have 2 German Shepherds. 2 year old female name Shadow and a 4 month old puppy name Buddy out of her. Oh my gosh!! I don’t know which animal loves the animal crackers the most. Both dogs do tricks for crackers. And when we are giving the Goats crackers and some how a cracker gets dropped “FOR GET IT”, its gone. The dogs got it and will even try to take a cracker out of the Goats mouth or my hand while trying to give it to a goat if we are not careful. They are not vicious doing so just really sneaky. They are so funny

Darby77 and MadCatX like this.
  15. MadCatX

Jan 16, 2018
    GA
    I swear I never had goats before my two now and they are so funny how sometimes they will act like a dog lol. But when a goat gets something in its mind..its going to do it..heck or high water.

Darby77 likes this.