Think she's pregnant?!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by eliya, Feb 23, 2009.

1. eliya

eliya New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Poor thing is only on day 126! She isn't due until March 19th. I'm guessing trips or quads. She's had both in the past. Her daughter had quints last year and quads this year.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    :shocked: :shocked: OH my! thats one really wide load! I dont know how fast she can get back into shape -- thats a lot of stretching going on there

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ummmm - can you please put that flying saucer back in the sky??? :greengrin:

That poor poor girl! Is she a mini nubian?

4. eliya

eliya New Member

Yep. She's a 1st generation MiniNubian. She was 55 inches around when she had triplets. I'll have to measure her again this year - she's HUGE!!!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    holy cow ...I mean goat.. :shocked: ..she is carrying a pretty wide load there.. :shocked:

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    You've definitely got some preggo girls!! :)

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow....and 20 days to go! Sometimes thos gals that have had litters before are just "stretched" out of shape, she could have 3 or more in there but don't be too surprised if it's just 2. :wink:

My Bootsie is a pygmy/nigi and always carried wide and low...twins and trips, 2 years ago I thot for sure she was having trips and out popped a teeny little buckling...no siblings for him :greengrin: last February she was just as big and had triplet bucklings....so you never know how many :wink:

8. eliya

eliya New Member

Yeah she had twins last year - her buck kid was the size of two kids though!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Isn't that something? Goes to show that those does do have the upper hand when it comes to kidding!

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'd guess trips or quads easy!

11. eliya

eliya New Member

Thought you all might like to see pictures of her past babies while we wait for these new ones.

There's a kind of funny story about this doe. When I purchased her, she had given her previous owner triplet bucks and then triplets with 2 bucks and one doe. They got fed up with all the bucklings and sold her to me. That first year she gave me QUAD DOES! Then the next year she gave me triplet DOES. So I go 7 does from her in the first two years I had her while they got 5 bucks and only 1 doe in the same amount of time. Then last year she gave me the most beautiful twins - one doe and one buck. The buck was the size of two kids though.

Here's her buckling from last year:
    [​IMG]
    And her '08 doeling:
    [​IMG]

Her triplet does from 2007:
    [​IMG]
    Nutmeg (the doe in my avatar)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Her 2006 quad does:
    [​IMG]

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She sure throws some pretty kids!!! And I'm pretty sure that their sire had something to do with what they turned out to be :greengrin:

Good thing you got her when you did, otherwise she may have given her previous owner all those doelings!