Think they are close ???

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by leslie0815, Feb 12, 2009.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
  2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it does look like babies soon.

So do you have due dates on them or is it the aweful waiting game?

3. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    waiting game, they were bred sometime when my husband was in hospital. :shrug:

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I would say they are all due within a month- but I think the last doe pictured could be due within a week! :)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    definately babies soon - and I agree, the last one pictured is getting very close!!

6. leslie0815

leslie0815 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Re: Think they are close ??? UPDATE

Ok, the girls are still hanging in there, but the one that ya'll said was real close to kidding today her bag is HUGE :worried: , and her teats are very swollen, she is eating and drinking and acting normally, but she is walking differently kind of stiff. What do ya'll think ??
    Thanks again
    Leslie

7. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Sounds like she is getting there- and dont count on them to stop eating and drinking- my two does that just kidded in early Feb were grabbing bites of hay between contractions up until they delivered, sooo...... :greengrin:
    Do you know how to feel for ligaments? If her bum.tailhead area is mushy, I would say you are looking within the next 12 hours for kids! :leap:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would say that last one will be in a couple days, then the middle doe and the top one last.

Thais is just my guess.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Sounds like she is progressing along normally. Probably just a couple more days