Thinking about a reservation.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Lebeau

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Melody Rose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Extatic

100.0%
  1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    But I'm not sure who I want to reserve one out of. I was thinking either Lebeau or Extatic.

http://dillsalittlegoatfarm.com/nubiank ... hedule.htm

Since I'll be selling Chase and Heidi and keeping Lyrae, Lyric and Orion, I will be needing another buck to breed Lyrae to. I will aslo be keeping one doe kid out of Lyric for sure atleast and maybe one out of Lyrae. (if I like it enough)

I really like both of these does, and as soon as I get the tests back on Heidi, if she's negative that is, I will be selling her and that will cover the reservation fee. (I think the tests went to the wrong house like all of our mail)

2. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Extatic and Lebeau look like great does, too bad they don't have better pics of the the bucks..

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I know! It would make deciding easier! lol

4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hey Crissa.. couldn't help but notice the prices.. I think you could get some kids out of a better buck for a cheaper price somewhere else. Not to 'diss' their bucks, they're all nice animals.

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow...they have some beautiful goats! Geesh, prices for kids sure is high though, jmho. But again, they do have some gorgeous goats!

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i love exstatic

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I wouldn't even flinch at paying that much for a kid. I think you would be much happier in the long run spending a couple extra hundred dollars to get the kid you really want and that you know will improve your herd. Plus, you have to remember that he can pay himself off through the kids that are born by him as well as stud service =)

I like Extatic and Great Example :)

8. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    It would be very hard to find better bucks than these. They have unparalleled pedigrees and were very carefully selected. And with the quality of those does, the prices represent their potential. A buck from either of those does would be such a booster to your herd.

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    melody rose is really nice too

10. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks, I like Melody Rose too. Great Example is a nice doe too but for some reason doesn't appeal to me as much. :scratch: I'm going to turn this into a pole. So please vote for the doe that you think is better! :help: :wink:

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i voted for melody... she is just soo gorgeous..

and the buck she's bred to is nothing to sneeze at

12. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ok, no need to get your noses outta joint, lol. It was just my opinion going by the pics of those bucks,

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I voted for Extatic...I think she is gorgeous. I'd really like to see the dam's of those bucks they are bred too, are there are pictures of them?

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I voted for Extatic as well. There are pics of the buck's dam on the bucks page. Her name is Tiffany, looks like a really nice doe.

15. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

haha i wasn't directing it.. just that buck she is bred to is fantastic!

you can see pictures of the bucks family by going to the buck page

16. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota

The bloodlines; oh, your talking Easy Access, I was refering towards Big Easy.

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

oh.. see i don't really like big easy.. easy access is my fav

18. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

extatic the best by far. not as big of a fan of the buck they have her bred to.
    beth

19. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    which is why i went with melody.. better complete paackage

but im not the one buying it soo..

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks. I also sent her an email asking her opinion. One of the reasons I was also considering one out of Lebeau was because she has the FLATTEST rump I have EVER seen! And that's where Lyrae and Lyric have problems and probably what this years kids (hopefully some does to keep :pray: ) will be lacking in too. Lyrae actually was born there so I'm hoping that she will know what she's lacking in. :) I like Extatic alot but first there's already a reservation for a buckling and second that would be a bit more expensive. I know it would be worth the money.

Another option would be to buy one from Bethany (Farmgirl18) if she thinks it is a good idea. I know I like her does alot too, they just haven't freshened yet. :thumbup: