Thinking about getting this doe...Opinions?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Mar 11, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Heres all her info from the breeder, I asked for pics so hopefully I can post those soon :)

TX Twincreeks Claire-Annette (Polled)
    DOB: 3.24.09

ADGA Reg.

Solid dark chamoisee with chocolate points

LA-2009 (Young Stock): V EC V ~ FS: V (Very Good)

SIRE: Lost Valley TB Seminole *S LA-VEE 88

(ARMCH Lost Valley Tae-Bo +*S 'E' 91.4 2009 AGS National Champion Buck x MCH/GCH Lost Valley Sundancer 2*D 1*M 'E' 91.6
    8 x GCH, 1 x RGCH, 6 x BU, 2 x BOB)

DAM: TX Twincreeks ADG Sonatina (TX Twincreeks AB Adagio *S x GCHTX Twincreeks WDF Sarafina 5*D 2*M 'E' 92 (ADGA)

Claire excells in dairy character and is very feminine and elegant. To top it off she is Polled! She is also really sweet. She is freight train long, has good legs, shoulders and rump and a high escutcheon. I'd like to see more udder arch and smaller ears. I really need to get new photo's of this doe as she looks just fantastic clipped! Her coat is a gorgeous, shiny, reddish chamoisee. She was a bottle baby so is super spoiled and very sweet.

TX Twincreeks WDF Sarafina, Claire's maternal GrandDam, just won ND Champion Senior Doe (out of approximately 40 milking does!!) and also won Best Senior Doe in Show, Linear Appraised at 92. Very impressive. Kellye has this to say about Sonatina's first freshening udder: "it is beautiful from the rear - very full with near ideal MSL and teat placement, and she was easy to milk."

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Well- she is due soon- so whats her springing udder looking like? My girls that are due around the same time are giving me a good idea of how they might turn out- so I would ask for pictures if you can!
    I like her pedigree a lot- but again since you have the advantage of seeing how her udder is turning out, I would ask for those pics before making any deicisons! :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is TX Twin Creeks the same as the Twin Creeks everyone else talks about? if so greatlines

but either way she sounds real nice

4. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Yes they are the same :wink:

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep those are the same.

I would ask for body shots as well as udder shots, but since she is a FF her udder could change a lot from now until freshening and even after freshening.

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    she's still a really nice doe.. I really like her. and i LOVE the dam

7. Josey521

Josey521 New Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Reno, NV
    I know that doe Laura and she's very nice and the owner is pretty good at picking the goats. Do you know why she's selling her?

8. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    My buck's sire is from TX Twincreeks (Texas 2 Step) is this just a farm or a particular goat? Sorry for being a newbie at knowing this stuff...but my boy has nice lines...everything I see in the AGS newsletter is a LOT about TX Twincreeks...they had lots of goats in there...

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Tx Twincreeks is a herd of nigerian dwarfs.. kelley has been around a Looong time and has bred amazing animals

10. TinyHoovesRanch

Im not too sure why shes selling her, I think she said shes making room for junior does. Im probably going to send a deposit for her, everyone is saying she would be really good, I just want to be sure though

I know twin creeks is REALLLLLY nice lol so she should be good right?

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Has she been health tested?

12. TinyHoovesRanch

Yes, her herd is anually tested and shes pregnant due in a couple weeks

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    laura, do it.. sarafina is a finished champion, and seminole's parents are legends. i remember sonatina as a kid and i kept hoping kelley would decide to sell her.. but .. you can't go wrong with that pedigree and the history behind the breeder

14. TinyHoovesRanch

Hmmmmmm OK lol you have convinced me! I HAVE to reserve her asap but she isnt available until June after ,linear ap....But if you tell me shes good then I believe you!

15. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    That is what I thought...

I noticed all of her champion goats in the AGS newsletter recently and a recognized! Sounds like a good find to me-can't wait to see pics!

16. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Hi, just had to jump in here... from personal experience...

If this is the doe I'm thinking of....

I have dealt with Fern from Joyful Hearts and I FULLY recommend her and her animals! As always, ask questions about the animals, and request pictures... but I know that Fern sells a few older one's each year because she likes to keep her herd very small as she doesn't have too much room & she LOVES to give them loving individual attention. We purchased our buck and a doeling from her and both are the sweetest goats I have EVER seen!! Her goats are very important to her and she takes excellent care of them. I would absolutely not hesitant to contact her about an animal she has for sale, and I fully recommend her! She is one of four farms that I recommend on my website, and I'll only recommend farms that have been WONDERFUL all-around to deal with!
    If this doe is an animal you'd like (especially after seeing her pics), then I wouldn't worry about the breeder in this situation, she's very nice, very cooperative, honest, and works with you if necessary. Plus her animals are just SO darn SWEET! She will tell you if there is something wrong, but I'm 99% sure that she's for sale only so she can keep 1 or 2 of her new babies. We purchased our goats from her about 1 year ago, and we still stay in touch & I have absolutely NO complaints about the goaties I got AT ALL!! They are incredibly well raised animals...I strive to get my babies to turn out that nice!

Anyway... Just wanted to jump in, since I had personal experience and I believe that a truly GOOD breeder should be recommended whenever possible! It keeps the really good breeders in business & hopefully puts a dent in the one's that aren't! Fern is one of the good one's!

Feel free to mention me to Fern if it makes you feel any better, (Traci from Oregon)...
    P.S. If the doe wasn't polled, I would JUMP at the chance to bring another of Fern's doe's into my herd... especially this one, as her breeding is top of the line! I research each animal I'm thinking of buying or getting a kid from... do a thorough search of the dam, grand-dam (ON BOTH SIDES!), and any other offspring you can find from the sire & dam. Obviously Lost Vally Seminole is outstanding, he has lots of great kids on the ground, and his sire and dam are both some of my favorite Nigerians ever!! Tae-Bo will go down in history as an outstanding buck, I absolutely love him, and his show record and his offsprings show record proves it. Sundancer is also an amazing doe with a gorgeous udder - her show record and LA Appraisals also prove this. Here is the link to Sarafina (the little doe's granddam) http://www.twincreeksfarm.com/CH%20Sarafina.htm She is also amazing! A finished Champion in AGS & ADGA I believe, and here is her Permanent LA info and show history...
    ADGA Linear Appraisal 2009: EEEE FS92 Excellent
    AGS Show Record: 1 x RsCH Jr, 1 x GCH Junior, 4 x GCH Senior, 2 x RsCH Senior
    ADGA Show Record: 1 x RsCh Jr, 1 x GCH Junior, 7 x GCH Sr, 4 x RsCH Sr, 3 x
    Best of Breed, 1 x Best Doe in Show!

I *believe* this is Twin Creeks Adagio... Here's his info & a pic (BELOW) too...
    TX Twincreeks AB Adagio *S - ADGA LA 88 VEV
    (Twin Creeks BW Atlantis Bay *S x MCH/CH Twin Creeks WB Madame Butterfly 2*D VG)
    Here's another link about him with great pics of his entire lineage...
    http://blackduckdesign.com/BlackDuckFar ... at_no=4841

Wow, I'm sorry to have chatted your ear off... I just love to research and am always checking Fern site and her sales, I have lots of info about her goats. Hopefully some of my addiction has helped you with your purchase decision.

Attached Files:

17. TinyHoovesRanch

WOW lol thanks for all the info! I am MOST likely getting this doe. Shes super cute and she just has nice bloolines!
    I think I have some emailing to do lol

THANKS everyone!

18. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Happy to help...

Sorry, don't mean to pressure you at all... LOL!!

Just love Fern's goats, and like I said she's a very nice lady & good breeder. Ask her to define the doe's faults & she'll tell you exactly what she thinks, honestly.

Take care,

19. TinyHoovesRanch

OK!!!! Thanks for the help! And I wll let you know what happens

20. TinyHoovesRanch

Heres what she said about the goat :)
    The ONLY reason I'm selling this gorgeous doe is that she opens the gate latch.....I never clip my gates so I am always forgetting to clip it....and she let's the herd out...LOL.......since I'm disabled......I just can't be chasing down goats anymore......she was a bottle baby and is VERY sweet
    She is very correct....extremely dairy, extremely long, excellent feet.....I guess the only thing she could use improvement on would be her front legs....she still got a good plus though.....everything else was very good or ex correct.

her Udder looks like it should be nice....