Thinking about this doe. :):)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Riot_My_Love, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

I have been looking for does to start my breeding in Boer since Last October, but i have finally found one i really like.

[​IMG]

Her name is Mary Something. She is around Riots age. Her breeder wil sell her to me for $200. Im trying to find out her teat structure/Registration. Here is her description.

100% Boer Doe kid. By KEMR Blockbuster (by the Ennobled Eggsfile) and out of doe with CODI and South African genetics. Blockbuster has a great show record with many wins and Grand Champions.

What do you all think??

Anny

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I don't know much about Boers...but what a pretty little face :)

3. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

she looks nice and that sounds like a great price- I dont know much about boers at all, but i do know Ennobled is GOOD and I also know that the "Eggs" herd I guess? has some really good goats!

4. Regiostered, that's a good price, without papers I wouldn't pay but 150.00 but that is me.

As for the goat. She is really very pretty. She should do you good. I would put a little weight on her but if could be her age too.

See what other folks say. My Lucie looked like that and has filled out very nice.

5. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    She IS a pretty thing, not exceptionally wide in front but 200 is a great price for some Eggs & Codi genetics.
    Yeah I'd sure want to know her teat structure however in my limited knowledge I understand that the buck is the biggest contributor of that.
    And you betcha you will want papers included even at that price . Some breeders will charge extra for them.

6. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

she comes with papers. but her teat structure isnt perfect. the breeder (whom i bought Riot from, they arent related ;)) tells me she will sell her to me and wont put her on the market but if someone wants her they can buy her.

7. From what I know with Boers it is common for the teats to be off on a Boer. Well, lets just say it happens. At one time boers had four teats so over the years that kicks back at times. Just on the knowledge I have. I have heard of as many as eight too. The African Boers would have four kids at a time in most cases that was the reasoning then.

8. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Two to four clean teats is ideal. Even a fish teat if its clearly split is acceptable in the ring.
    I have a doe with 4 but two have no orifices. Called a blind teat. The kids didnt have a problem.
    My two teated Boer threw quads as an FF, great mom, one kid we had to supplement and he is slightly bigger now than one of his brothers after weaning.
    I personally am breeding for 4 teats and John is right, you can come across some strange combinations its part of SA and probably NZ genetics.
    I sent a cluster teated doeling down the road for meat. Otherwise very nice doe. Huge & wide. Kinda wish I would have kept her. She was Overall Grand at an FFA show up against wethers.
    I've only seen one other (buckling) with clustered teats; different buck & different doe respectively.
    The main thing is mothering ability which of course you wont know till the time comes.

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    great genetics EGGS and CODI/PCI are pretty much direct african. good price, could use some muscle, but maybe she's lower pecking order or something, but if you go with her, breed her to a buck with good teats, and a bit of width.

10. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Thanks everyone.

Alaska Boers, I was going to breed her to Riot after i muscle him up. He has perfect 1+ 1+ teat structure. When i go up towards the breeder, i will look over her. Im very very very excited and i have to get to work right away.

Does anyone have a suggestion on cheap fencing?

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree.... that she has great bloodlines... :wink: ..she is lacking muscling and width.....for show quality type...but if that isn't important to you....she is a very lovely standard doeling..... :greengrin:

As for the teat structure.....the does don't always pass on there fault...if bred to a great buck.....Choosing the right buck.... to correct those areas .....that need improvement are crucial.....make sure he has those strong points .....that she is lacking .... :wink:

It's a plus ..... that the buck.. that you are choosing... has 1+ 1 clean ...teat structure... :thumbup:

The ABGA does allow 2+2 "clean" teats now...

12. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Thanks, my only problem is putting Riot somewhere away from her if and when we get her :(

13. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Should i ask for more pictures?

14. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    You betcha!!!

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yeah I would ... :wink: :greengrin:

16. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Okie doke, i emailed her breeder. I should get something back later tonight :):)

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  18. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Ooohhh!! She emailed me back!!!

Yay! Shes soo cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

her cape looks super light than the first pic.