The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Where's me?!
241 Posts
Darn it, I am done using a nickname for this old fart... Harold, who was before referred to as "Old Man," has done it. He's put one too many straws on the camel's back.

:veryangry:

Last night, I asked my papa to relay some questions to Harold for me. How much did he want to sell Sugar for, as I had located him a home (with my mother) that was also seeking a young doe as well. Not only did he magically bump up the price he claimed to get for the kids he sold (weaned), he magically has decided he doesn't want to give up the boy I had (nearly) sold for him. A man, who has complained about having 3 too many siring bucks already and breeds meat goats to sell, is refusing a guaranteed purchase of this buckling.

Wanna know why my papa thinks he's suddenly changed his mind? Of course you do.

I had agreed to help Harold further by feeding his goats after kidding season, while he went on a little vacation since he's old and dying. Without any prior warning, Harold wants me to show up at his farm that evening (on a day I had worked the dairy farm) and learn to do his goats so he can leave.... before his does start dropping kids, all due soon. Basically, yup, he wanted me to run his business for a whole $130 a month. Never again do I get asked if I'll come learn anything for his time after kidding season like I actually agreed to do. Heck, even if he had, I doubt it would have been so much as the courtesy of asking me the day before hand. He didn't before, why start now, right?

So there it is. The kid I spent all my time and money on and technically own is going to him for $30, instead of him spending nothing on the buck and actually making the pure profit of $45.

:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:

You may all rest assure, my message back to him is:
"Don't expect me to take any more of your kids, I'm done.
"

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
What a rotten son of an eels bladder he is!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Wow really? Oh well, at least you're done dealing with him. The idea of moving on sounds just dandy for this situation! Some people never learn...

·
Registered
30,158 Posts
Yikes...

·
Where's me?!
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GOOD NEWS. We finally got him to pull his head out of his butt. Selling him to my mother.

·
also known as Mayia real life Cheri
1,672 Posts
You need to separate yourself from this situation before the stress makes you sick.
I know you want to help the goatlings but not at the expense of your health. Besides if you stop enabling him him may make some more reasonable decisions.

·
Where's me?!
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah, I ain't going to help him anymore with the kids. He threw a big child like tantrum. I'm giving Spice back to him, transporting Sugar to my moyher, then it's done and I'm done. I have real jobs now.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm glad you could get the kid you spent so much time on. I know it is difficult, but I strongly advise you to spend no more time on this awful man fixing his problems. With people like that, the more you give, the more they take. This is not your problem to solve. If the situation is dire for the animals, report him to authorities for animal cruelty/neglect.

·
Where's me?!
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm glad you could get the kid you spent so much time on. I know it is difficult, but I strongly advise you to spend no more time on this awful man fixing his problems. With people like that, the more you give, the more they take. This is not your problem to solve. If the situation is dire for the animals, report him to authorities for animal cruelty/neglect.
For the umpteenth time, I have no intention of continuing to help him. I am done helping him.

·
Where's me?!
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope, never ever helping him ever again, never. He sold Spice as a pet to someone when he knew I wanted her, when I had offered to buy her before, etc. I am furious and I'll probably never help someone like that again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts