The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This (around) 6 month old Doberman puppy came running by my parents dairy bar on Thursday around noon.. blood dripping down bad. We where able to catch him, and clean him enough to see he had been attacked by another dog. I told my husband to take him home and lock him in a stall (where he couldn't escape) until I got home. At first I thought he was some ones pet who got out then I learnt some more from the neighbors and now I am almost positive some one dropped him off, which is really sad because he is an extremely sweet puppy.

I posted him in some facebook sale sites, but I was really afraid that some one might take him and fight him. So I found a rescue, but their adoption fees are around $400-- which this may seem stupid BUT I feel like by asking that much he will sit forever and not find a good home.

I want so bad to keep him but we already have; 2 boston terriers and 1 basset hound..and we recently turned our dog pen into a chicken coop. My mom thinks he is ugly- his ears are not cropped nor is his tail docked, my dad would just freak if I told him I wanted to keep this dog.

I wish I had my own place SO bad!! This pup is just so sweet, he has showed zero aggression towards anything. And is already protective over my 1 yr old son..

anyways sorry for the long rant but I just needed to get it out of my system!

·
Registered
30,636 Posts
Awe....I feel your frustration...Im sure you will find him a perfect forever home!! Give him a chance to heal...get to know him so you can really share what hes like..lots of pictures, him with your son, with other animals..let him show others who he is., share his story...the perfect fit will come..;)

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
Sounds like a really nice dog. Maybe in time your parents will be ok with keeping him. We had 6 dogs at one point.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He is a sweetie pie! I really hope that I will be able to keep him. I feel a lot safer with him here, even if he is just a puppy. My husband works Thursday & friday night and my parents go to bed early which leaves me alone those nights and it scares the crap outta me.. I am a big chicken when it comes to the dark lol!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I LOVE natural Dobe's. I think they are gorgeous with their full ears and tails. If you can't keep him I would just keep putting the word out about him while he heals, he sounds like a great pup and I bet someone out there would love to take him in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts