This has me worried...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by HoosierShadow, Oct 25, 2010.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    My husband was telling me this evening that there was some trouble where he works. Apparently, at another barn on the farm, a man went after another man with a knife! He cut the man's arm pretty bad, but witnesses say the man was trying to stab him in the side.
    The man is trouble, and everyone knows he keeps a knife on him, and this guy had a problem with someone once before, and I think the other person quit because of it. He's been there a while, has family that works there, and doesn't like new people coming in. The guy he attacked hadn't been there for very long.

This is what has me soooo upset, and my husband is not happy either.
    The farm manager was going to BLOW IT OFF! OMG! He sent the guy home for the day, and the one he stabbed - he had ANOTHER worker drive him home! Well his arm got bad, wouldn't stop bleeding so he had to go to the hospital, and I guess the farm manager did go up there.

As far as we know no police reports have been filed! AND the farm manager was going to let the guy keep his job!!!!!
    My husband told him no way....and told him no one feels safe now. So I guess the guy is fired. BUT HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL!!!!!
    The other guy wasn't doing anything, he was watering horses, and the guy come up behind him - didn't even work in that barn!

Well.... the guy that was stabbed is my husband's cousin's boyfriend and the father of her baby! They are young, and HE COULD HAVE DIED had that guy got the shot he wanted!

I told my husband his cousin's boyfriend NEEDS to file a police report ASAP, and get that guy arrested. The farm SHOULD get in trouble for not taking care of this and reporting it to the police! He SHOULD sue the farm for all medical costs, lost time, and anything else he can get for their ignorance in trying to blow this off.

These are good people, and I am just really heartbroken about this. No way did he deserve to be attacked like that! I still can't believe everything I was told about how this was made out to not be a big deal.
    The farm manager is a nice guy from what I hear, and he has been my husband's friend, but this is just over the top, and my husband is displeased and beside himself because of it.

Anyway, I just had to tell someone outside of the horse community, and I don't want to get my family worked up.
    Because of course, now the concern is, will this guy act out when he finds out he doesn't have a job? If he got mad because a new guy came in, what is going to stop him from going on a rampage if he is as whacked out as I hear him to be?

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh my gosh - I am so glad that the cousin's boyfriend is going to be alright.... but I agree, the other gentleman needs to be in JAIL and the farm manager needs to be held accountabe for not taking proper action and the med bills under the company insurance

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow, that's terrible!

4. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Yeah, I agree :( And what a shame, because my husband hasn't been there too long. It's a beautiful, respected farm. But too much drama!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the injured man NEEDS to file a report against him! ASAP!!! Oh I hope he does :pray: and that your husband stays safe

6. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    I agree with the filing of a report!! The police should get involved and charges for assault at minimum should be pressed. There will be the hospital report to substantiate the wound and damages. Make sure a list of all the witnesses is provided to the police - even if the farm manager doesn't want to get involved they should all be interviewed by the police.

Praying for the safety of your husband and the injured man :pray:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    First of all, SHAME on the BOSS. That is a wormans comp deal. He should of taken the cut gentlemand to the hospital and not even gone home. The rea responible for all the medical bills that come in, and SHAME on him for not calling the police righ then, but at the Hospital they should of called the police.

I will be praying for everyone at the ranch for a safe job envierment. I would be really worried about that guy coming back.

8. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks everyone, I totally agree. My husband called his other cousin last night to have him talk to the one who was injured. The three of them work together, and the cousin he talked to last night was the one that drove him home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he did get the advice from us and file the police report.
    I worry so much about that guy coming back, if he was that crazy, who knows?
    And what a shame his boss wants to blow this whole thing off, I hear he's a really nice guy.... but this is being very irresponsible.

Good news is I contacted someone I know at a farm just down the road, it's a BIG farm, it's one of the biggest in the world IMO! I met someone that works there that has a management position, and we had talked in Sept about my husband. He had mentioned he needed some help. So...again I contacted him, and he wants my husband's # so he can call him! Fingers crossed! This farm is next to the farm my husband used to work for <the one that closed>, and is about 5 minutes away. The one he is working at right now is an interstate drive and about 25-30minutes.

The farm he used to work for was awarded to a bank that is out of state, and they are selling it, my husband had hoped someone would buy it now that it's out of the legal mess and able to be sold - and he could possibly work for new owners <it's an awesome/beautiful farm>, but I think this would work out even better if he could get on at this particular farm. The horses he would be taking care of....OMG!!!! It's for nightwatch too and that means more hours, and better $$ on nightwatch.