The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really feel for this family. I think I have steam billowing out of my ears! I feel blessed to have a pediatrician that shares my values. Her only concern with my kids drinking raw goats milk was she wanted to make sure my kids were getting enough B vitamins.

·
Shady Acre Homestead
14,283 Posts
I mean, only 3/4 of the world uses goats milk..... why should we?? LOL....

I also don't like how much control they try to have over your children and how you can raise them...it's not abuse to give your kid milk how it was created, untouched and unharmed by man! So sad how this country has become :( They are forgetting their heritage , and how things were done naturally :(

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
You know, that is maddening, but it is also truly scary. Our government is getting too much control and wrong thinking people with very little common sense are making big decisions. It really is up to us to speak up and use our voices of reason to TRY to turn this ship before it is too late.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I think it's ridiculous that they try and have so much control!!
That is probably one of the best teenage mothers I've ever seen! They were worried about the fake stuff and are using real, untouched, perfectly safe milk! Wow.
My mom thinks they hide things in those shots that all kids are suppose to have. I kind of have to agree with her.
My brother almost died because one of those shots!
The government is so ....... How do I say it nicely.....
Scary!

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
That just curls my hair!!! Im so tired of the government thinking they can raise our kids better than us parents, telling us what is good for us to eat and whats not....GMO is crap!! (and for me folks that being a potty mouth!)...there are enough true emergencies in which Social service should be involved and isnt!!! and here they are marching to this little babies "rescue" because of goats milk...that is just crazy.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think it's scary that more people aren't concerned about the water we drink (fluoride), the food we eat, and they aren't even concerned that our conversations are monitored. That's all I'm saying because I'm probably on a watch list now. :)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I think it's scary that more people aren't concerned about the water we drink (fluoride), the food we eat, and they aren't even concerned that our conversations are monitored. That's all I'm saying because I'm probably on a watch list now. :)
YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT LOOK WHAT THEY TRYING TO DO TO WHISTLE BLOWERS:mad:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ladies and Gents,
I AM so surprised at all of you!

WHY don't you know we are just a bunch of dummies. The real smart people are the ones in DC! I mean they tell us that crap every single day ... they must be right, RIGHT?

If my oldest boy had NOT had raw goats milk when he was a baby he would not be getting ready to have his 40th this November. There was nothing else he could keep down, and he was a tiny full term baby.

Some very kind older people took me under their wing and GAVE me some raw goats milk, and gave me hope. Being a new first time mom I was a wreak and was worried sick about my son.

I pity this young mother and what she will now be put thru to raise this child right and healthy.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Well folks, this is the end result of our culture running to the government to "protect" us all the time. People are getting fat? The government should do something about the fats and sugars we are allowed to eat! Make "bad" stuff illegal! This is the modern day mantra. We as a society demand government intervention in private matters because it's for the "good" of all those people who aren't smart enough to know better. How many people do you know who have called for government bans on GMO foods, saturated fats, or corn syrup?

Obviously we desire the government to step in and tell people what they can and can't eat, the only difference here is that the same people who want to ban those items support the use of goat's milk. If we would all simply take responsibility for our own well-being and accept that other people have different values instead of running to big brother to "protect" us from ourselves then things like this would never happen.

We opened the door, the government just walked through it.

·
14,760 Posts
That's just absurd! OMG, the direction our government goes, ridiculous.
If that baby is doing just fine on what he is getting, leave him be! He looks happy and healthy in the video.

Government be darned...they will NOT ever tell me how to raise my kids. This mother needs to get her story heard around the country, because if there is one thing these knit wit government stubs don't like is bad press in such a ridiculous circumstance.
I'm wondering if it's because the girl is getting assistance and her age? Trying to just pick on her...crazy crazy crazy :(

·
Registered
30,622 Posts
This mother needs to get her story heard around the country,
yep if you have face book..post it there..ask others to do the same...its not much but at least gets the word out...We all need to open our eyes and see whats going ....Then open Our mouths...we have remained silent too long..

·
Registered
693 Posts
So, I guess when my pediatrician finds out that I don't buy boxed cereal *GASP* because of all the sugar in it, but I make my own granola I'll get in trouble for that too? Because that's what everybody else feeds their kids so I should too, right? Come on! I thought with all the emphasis put on education today that we would have at least SOME intelligent people! :mad:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts