The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I live in Central/South Texas (I guess just plain south would better describe it; I need to look at the map more :) )
I'm starting to raise Nigerian Dwarfs, which are my favourite breed, and I'd like to find out if anyone else breed dairy goats in this area.
Really, though, I just though it would be fun to start this thread.:p

·
Registered
31,517 Posts
are you looking for more ND? the Guy Im getting my bucks from are down your way....Red WIng Minis if the ranch name : ) Rio Medina

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you looking for more ND? the Guy Im getting my bucks from are down your way....Red WIng Minis if the ranch name : ) Rio Medina
I had not heard of them! I'll have to check them out. Yes, I am looking for more, but I kind of have to let my funds build for a while before I can get what I really want, which would be a couple more does, bred or old enough to be, out of great milking lines, and not too faraway and not too expensive, preferably from the same place. I know, that's a lot to.ask, but I'm hoping! If I could just save up faster, I wouldn't mind the expense, but I'm in a hurry to get more.:D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry I overlooked your original post. There are many ND in the Central Texas area and a few here on Goat Spot. Be sure to post often so everyone gets to know you.
Thanks, I know of a few, but I'm holding out for a good deal. :D I mostly posted on this to make use of the new forum. :D but it's nice to know who's out there. Do you raise NDs?

·
Registered
31,517 Posts
red wings seem to be very nice..they came highly recommended..are a clean herd which is nice..and from what I foundout about them..honest ...cant go wrong..and pretty reasonable in prices!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Hey everyone, I live in Central/South Texas (I guess just plain south would better describe it; I need to look at the map more :) )
I'm starting to raise Nigerian Dwarfs, which are my favourite breed, and I'd like to find out if anyone else breed dairy goats in this area.
Really, though, I just though it would be fun to start this thread.:p
I don't raise ND's but have Nubians. I live in Lockhart which is about 30 miles south of Austin!

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Hey I am from Southeast Texas! Port Arthur to be exact....so pretty far away from you all and I do not raise dairy goats...I raise boers...well darn I have nothing to talk about in your thread except that I am from Texas! Lol. =)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's okay, all Texans are welcome! I was just having fun starting this thread because it was a new thread. :p

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Yay!

I did not even see this forum until today so I wanted to be a part of the Texas conversations!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts