This is the Lamancha doe I bought/ rescued Help?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goinggoaty, Jul 14, 2010.

1. goinggoaty

goinggoaty New Member

May 19, 2010
    Edgewood, New Mexico
    This is a top view of her bony body
    [attachment=4:1j8qfryd]DSCF2061.JPG[/attachment:1j8qfryd]
    This is her wonky udder
    [attachment=3:1j8qfryd]DSCF2064.JPG[/attachment:1j8qfryd]
    Here is her pretty face and BIG horns
    [attachment=2:1j8qfryd]DSCF2068.JPG[/attachment:1j8qfryd]
    This is a side shot of her (is her belly deep?)
    [attachment=1:1j8qfryd]DSCF2073.JPG[/attachment:1j8qfryd]
    Finally the guys said she was bred so here are her parts what do you think?
    [attachment=0:1j8qfryd]DSCF2078.JPG[/attachment:1j8qfryd]

Any advice or recommendations would be great Thanks for looking.
    I have had her 3 days today so still taking it pretty easy on her plan on doing her feet in the next couple days hopefully. I am fearful she might be bred and in her poor condition I worry how she'll cope.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I don;t think she's preggo...she has a very stretched belly though, going by her horn growth I'm gonna say she's definately at minimum 7-8 years old.
    The belly with the razorblade spine indicates she's had a few litters( stretched out belly) and her bony spine says that she's put everything she's taken into her body back into kids or milk production.

Her "wonky" udder suggests either singles nursed or she may have had mastitis on the smaller side....and if the guy you got her from was milking her it had to have been awhile ago, her udder is no where near full enough to provide milk.

As far as putting on weight, it took her a while to get in this condition so it will take awhile to get her healthy. I've been feeding my pygmy buck Manna Pro Goat Balancer with the normal 18 % as well as freechoice browse and clover/mixed hay and he has a very nice layer over his bones once again, he was boney and even though they had good hay as well as feed he was being bullied away from it. Add a little corn oil to her grain ration too...it helps add fat and calories.

3. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    She sure is a pretty girl. It does look like she has had several babies, but doesn't look pregnant right now. Good luck with her. I bet once she is in good weight and healthier, she will be stunning!

4. goinggoaty

goinggoaty New Member

May 19, 2010
    Edgewood, New Mexico
    I sure hope she isn't just because she would lose so much of what she needs to care for her babies. She doesn't have a spunk like my other goats do and I wonder if that's just because she isn't in very good condition. I just feel so bad for her when I see her and want her to be loved.

5. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Congrats on the new goat! She has a lovely face. Add ears and that's what my Mischief looks like. :)

Don't forget to add some BOSS to her fed. She will shine that coat up in no time. Good luck!

Gina