This just really made my day, probably more!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by nancy d, Nov 29, 2007.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Had a check up today. Dr commented on my muscles!
    "What have you been doing!? Your countenance is really good too!"
    So I happily explained the finer points of throwing hay, carrying water buckets and dragging 150 lb does around, then hauled out my brag book. :D

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well now that is great. So how many are in the brag book?

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  4. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    High five! Yes it does keep you in shape! I wish my dr and parents felt the same. Instead they said 'slow down and quite exhausting yourself.' Hurrumph.

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    My mom hates me for it and my metabolism! :roll: I only weigh 104 lbs and am only 5'4".

6. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    LOL I wish I weighed 104.... *pouts* I am 5'0 and weigh 116. When people guess my weigh by looking at me they usually guess 105. When the nurse walked in my room and asked my weight, she responded, "What you got kid, lead in your feet?" LOL! Well, at least I don't look fat. :)

7. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    I'm about 5'6" and weight about 135, yet I'm not fat by any means. I'm in great shape, but I'm also thick. My brother is only a few inches taller and weighs about 160 and he's very thick but not fat. He's one of the fastest people I know. When soccer and track seasons end I work out around the farm with daily chores

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    You also have to remember muscle weighs more than fat. I'm just lean and mean! :wink: Without much meat! :roll:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Kudos to you!

I noticed that since I have moved on to the ranch - I actually feel so much better. Not just because of the fresh air, but I am outside more, and playing and working! It is great!

I was so upset when I went into the DR> and weighed in at 140 - I am 5'8" I haven't weighed this much since my first daughter was BORN! must be muscle - LOL

10. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Yup muscle takes up more room than fat and weighs more. I've had people argue with me because they didn't belive how much I weighed. A long time friend of ours weighed the same as my husband, but was much larger as far as clothing sizes. the difference was fat to muscle!!!!

11. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Allison we are in the same general bracket...only Im 5 6, weight around 150 tho right now am at 147 something. So long as I can move and keep my belt around 5 notches Im happy. A few yrs ago I was down to around 140 and kept being asked if I felt OK. I felt great, but feel better with a little meat on my bones.
    As for all the fresh air & stuff...the only time I get cold is when Im in the house. This am it was freezing. Halfway thru chores I got the paper and sat down on a milk crate with a cup of coffee. This is living!!

Warning; None of you want to get into an arm wrestling contest with NTKM!

12. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    This is living!! - yes it is, isn' it!

13. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Let's see I'm 5'4 and 140 ish lbs.

Wish I was Crissa right about now. HAHA