The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay on Jun/12/2021 me, my two sister my mom went to a guys place to look at his goat herd, all was well I asked the man if i could go in the pen and take a look over a buckling that I was interested in he said "Sure" and he SAID to his daughter NOT asked "Go show her the gate to get in". he said that in a VERY demanding way, okay I follow the girl who looks to be 10? 11 years old?, she opened the gate for me so I said, "Thank you for opening the gate for me!".....she didn't say your welcome but she just kept looking at the groaned instead of looking at me...Keep in mind this girl had NOT smiled once since we had been there. She acted sad, not happy in ANY way.. So, we go in the pen I get ahold of the male goat who almost pulled me down..im guessing the goat almost weighs 70Lbs so I asked the man, "Can you come help hold him while I look him over?"" because there is no
WAY I was just gonna buy a goat without giving it my OWN bill of health. You know what he said? He said.. "No she wants to hold him " In a VERY RUDE AND MEAN demanding tone of voice and pointed at his daughter WHO LOOKS LIKE SHE IS 10 OR 11 YEARS OLD! How is a 11 year old LITTEL GIRL supposed to hold a goat that is 6-7 months old & weighs anywhere from 50-70Lbs that ALSO almost made me land on my FACE?!?!?!?! I knew if I COULD NOT hold that goat 100% the little girl could NOT hold him either. So ya know what I said after he said "No she wants to hold him"? I said "NO daddy YOU come hold the goat!" he replied "No she wants to!" I said back to him "NO YOU COME GET THE GOAT".......He finally said alright......LOL And ya know what? I made that little girl start smiling! Im sorry but,someone had to stand up for her! she wouldn't even say "Daddy you know I cant hold that goat" because she was afraid HE was gonna get made so....... I took it into my own hands to set him straight! I didn't want to have to be rude to him but come on.....she is a little girl....A LITTLE GIRL! but after that...I felt pretty good about saying what I did because, I made her smile......the only time I seen her smile the WHOLE time we were at their place!

But after all I'm just so sorry for that man. He does not have to be that way! He could have been nice and asked her to see if she could maybe help me, instead of being rude and being mean to his own blood. but, at least I made her smile!

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry lol I felt like I needed to tell someone else this story, and where better or who better to tell then my people on the goat spot????

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
You know, Chevani is 11 and I DONT ask her to even try help me with any animal that could remotely be too big to handle. And she happily volunteers. If a child starts disliking working with your passion, hobby or career choice, Do not expect them to take over the family business.
Good on you for standing up for her. She probably gets a beating if she says anything

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know, Chevani is 11 and I DONT ask her to even try help me with any animal that could remotely be too big to handle. And she happily volunteers. If a child starts disliking working with your passion, hobby or career choice, Do not expect them to take over the family business.
Good on you for standing up for her. She probably gets a beating if she says anything
I 100% agree with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts