The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Thanks for your post. Is their a solid reason not to keep the baking soda out as free choice? Or can it just be left out? Does it go bad? Atm it’s inside, so it doesn’t get wet.
I don’t know if someone answered this question yet. Goats make their own bicarbonate, and by offering it to them, you might interfere with their ability to create it in their bodies. Best to take it away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I don’t know if someone answered this question yet. Goats make their own bicarbonate, and by offering it to them, you might interfere with their ability to create it in their bodies. Best to take it away.
Well, that is a pretty good reason to me. Thanks

·
Registered
Goats
1,350 Posts
Oh my! Poor baby! I am so sorry you had to go through that....its not fun.... Everything these people are saying is good advice. Ive ran into breeders like the one you got your babies from and it brecks my heart to even think about it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Oh my! Poor baby! I am so sorry you had to go through that....its not fun.... Everything these people are saying is good advice. Ive ran into breeders like the one you got your babies from and it brecks my heart to even think about it!
Thanks.
You and me both...they need to find something else to occupy their time with!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
These two are doing exceptional. They are drinking their milks, eating hay, drinking water and playing like crazy. Betty lost her second disbudding scab today, didn’t even faze her. Her first one is almost healed too. She’s going to be a beautiful girl. How is everything there?

·
Registered
Goats
1,350 Posts
These two are doing exceptional. They are drinking their milks, eating hay, drinking water and playing like crazy. Betty lost her second disbudding scab today, didn’t even faze her. Her first one is almost healed too. She’s going to be a beautiful girl. How is everything there?
That's all good to hear. Everything's going pretty good here. I am so tired tho lol

41 - 48 of 48 Posts