The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On July 6th, I ordered Thorvin Kelp from Hoeggers (when they had their $1 shipping sale that weekend) along with some other items. I received the other items...... but I am still waiting for the kelp! :(

I emailed them on August 1st and asked when they thought it would be back in stock.. they said about 2 weeks... well it's been over 3 weeks and still no kelp!

Is there a kelp shortage or something???? :scratch:

Guess I will have to email again.....*sigh*

·
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep checking their web site and they don't have it listed there anymore. I will call them on Monday to find out what's going on.

I just don't want them to cancel the order on me so I'm trying to NOT be a pest.....as I would really like to try the kelp and just couldn't pass it up with the $1 shipping that weekend. I don't think anyone carries it around here locally and I just can't afford any astronomical shipping charges that I would have to pay if I bought it elsewhere.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Kelp shortage?

I have heard from different people that there is a kelp shortage due to the nuke plant accident in Japan. Nearly all kelp comes from Japan.

I would call and ask them about your order and why they no longer have it listed.

·
1,524 Posts
Actually most of the kelp comes from the east coast and there seems to be no shortage of it around here in Maine. The company I get mine from is local, so it is fresh and from the coast of Maine. The areas they harvest it from is about 30 minutes from me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts