Those in the path of the ice storm

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by crocee, Jan 26, 2009.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Please check in as soon as you can. We are expecting 2"+ of ICE tonight, tomorrow, snow on top on Wednesday. Stay safe and give the goaties extra hay.

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yep, it's not going to be fun. Bedded everyone down really good, there's a good chance we'll be losing power tomorrow.

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Same here. I don't believe I will be making the hilly 12 mile trip to work in the morning. Right now its 27°F and pouring rain. The rain is freezing as it hits the ground. I expect us to loose power also. Got the chain saw and the gas where I can get to it to take care of any trees that fall under the weight. Stay safe and warm till this is over.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    do stay safe and let us know when you are ok.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I will pray ,that you all will be safe.... :pray: :pray:

6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    oh, Ive never been in an ice storm, but be safe everyone :grouphug:

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Thinking of you and praying all is well. I have seen some scarey pics on tv, so I hope you are all safe. :pray:

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    We started out with snow last nite...it changed over to freezing rain/sleet around 10 and back to snow, now it's raining....we had 2 inches of that mess at 4 30 this morning, DH called in a personal day as since the schools are closed, the township doesn't plow or treat our road...he has a 26 mile trip to get to work.....I'm glad he's home, our gas went off and he was available to go and heat the main line that froze up.....I would have hads to walk the hill and come back down and call the well tender.....very icy here, DH quad had a problem climbing the hill in 4 wheel drive!

I've got some pic here!
    This is a pine in my yard...the boughs are so heavy with ice it's about touching the ground.
    [​IMG]

The goat panels are covered too.
    [​IMG]

This is at the bottom of my yard...those trees are completey covered as well as the road and neighbors car
    [​IMG]

Behind my goat shed...those trees are normally not droopy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Jack...in his favorite spot....on the manure pile! Must be warm there..lol
    [​IMG]

A HUGE icicle by my back porch
    [​IMG]

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    We are finally done! We have 10-12 in. of snow and ice in between. It is a mess! Our electricity was out temporarily. All is well theough!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Glad to hear you are ok Sarah! We're getting heavy wet snow now.

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Thanks Liz! I guess we shipped it your way....sorry. :hug: How much more are you supposed to get?

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    woke up to snow -- go figure they predicted rain and we got snow :doh:

Roads were slick and I had to take it really slow. went to work and it decided to rain in the late afternoon and now all the snow is just about gone (except for the piles) :leap:

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    We ended up with a light dusting that ended about an hour ago.....just flurries now with maybe 3 inches of accumulated ice and snow. We were lucky, it could have been much worse.

14. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    i hope everyone is ok
    the news this morning says ikt wiped out power in PA and places around there and it was pretty bad

check in with us guys :grouphug:

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Glad you guys didn't get hit to bad. NO ONE has had school since Monday and aren't expected to tomorrow either.

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    YOu check on the US weather?

17. PiccoloGoat

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    no not really i was just lisenting to it in the morning
    lol

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats interesting, we dont get Australian weather unless something like a Tsunami happends to hit somewhere we dont hear about weather outside the US

19. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hi all glad everyone made out ok. Our kids have been out of school all week. We got about 8 inches of snow and thats not included what we got in ice. We lost electric twice, but a lot of people where without for a while. Our super walmart center was out for almost a whole 24 hours. But hopefully everything will start melting now. Cause they sure dont do anything for the back roads I live on.

20. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Same here about the roads and school.