The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to do chores tonight. Guess what those adorable little buck kids keep doing.

Can you guess? because I've never had little guys do this before.

Yes, you're right. They are peeing in their mineral dish. Alot. Consistently.

They are freaking using it like a toilet! It's a dual dish with each compartment about 5"x5". We clip it up on the fence about shoulder height (their shoulders, not ours!) with grain in one side and minerals in the other. They eat the grain and FLOOD the mineral side.

(headsmash)(doh)

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
:eek:mg: one more way to drive you crazy!!

Reactions: groovyoldlady

·
Goat Newbie
206 Posts
I have a doe that constantly pees in the mineral dish! I thought it was a fluke at first - just bad aim, but now it happens every few days! Super annoying with no running water in the goat barn :) Oh well, at least they're not peeing on the hay or in the water dish (I hope)!

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I now have the minerals in a disposable bowl that is wedged into a cinderblock. The grain is in its own dish and the dual dish has been sterilized and retired!

Brats! Good thing they are so snuggly and fluffy and cute!

·
14,760 Posts
That is definitely frustrating! Ugh! Brats!
We usually feed alfalfa hay in those big round corner horse tub feeders, we can stuff a flake in them as needed on the ground or tie them up. Have done this for years. Well, for some reason the goats think this year they need to pee in them!! They are like your boys and aim for them! So frustrating. We still use them, but randomly and away from the barn.

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Well, one good thing has come of this weird peeing story (now that I have moved their minerals). The kids have not peed in their little barn AT ALL. They are only peeing outside.

Can I get an "Amen"??????
But are they still peein in the moneral? Hahahaha!

Just a funny from here... paul got me a 50 gallon water trough. It is low so the goats can drink easily from it and it butts up against the barn wall. Barn wall is slatted. Welp. The first week i would go out and berries were in the water trough. Ugh! Clean em out fuss at unruly nasty goats makin berries in the new thing. Then paul comes up one mornin and i was fussin at unruly nasty beasties makin berries in their waterer. He starts cacklin laughin at me and says you fussin at your goats for no reason wife. Ok why in tarnation husband!?!?! Cause they are layin in the loft with their butts to the cool breeze and makin berries that fall in the trough. (doh)(doh)(doh)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts