Thoughts for a friend

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by keren, Jan 12, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    One of my friends, her boyfriend is not only into drugs but he beats her too. Several occassions she has ended up in hospital after he beat her, and one time because he had OD'ed her.

Havent spoken to her for about six months now, heard about her from a mutual friend the other day, apparently she is 4 mths pregnant and is living with her mum now.

I'm just so glad she has got away from the boyfriend. Its not the type of environment you should be bringing a child into.

She'll be in my prayers tonight and my thoughts while I sleep.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh thats so sad. I hope that she is truly free from him now. Good for her for moving out and back with her mom

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'll keep her in my prayers, I'm glad she was able to get away from her boyfriend.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh, that is aweful. Will send prayers her way. I sure hope she got away from him for good.

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Prayers on the way. I just thank the lord she is away from him, now we really have to pray that she will STAY away from him.
    For some reason a lot of women that are in a relationship like that can not seem to get out of it. :pray: :pray: Here is to her standing her ground and staying safe along with the baby.

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks everyone.

lori you are dead right, I hope she stays away for good and I hope he wants nothing to do with the baby.

When I asked her why she was staying with him, she said 'He loves me. Who else will love me if I leave him?'. She's never had very high self esteem.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh that so sad. I hope that someone will come along to show her how precious she is and what real love looks like

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My thots and prayers are with you and your friend, such a tragedy that she has endured the abuse, even more so now that there is a child involved, I hope she gets through this and knows that "his" kind of love is NOT love at all.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I can almost guarantee he'll "want the baby", it's what he will use to continue to control her. She's going to have to find a "backbone" if she has any hope of surviving that maniac.

After 17 years of marriage to an abusive alcoholic (he hid his "true self" in the beginning), I'm the poster child of the "battered wife syndrome". She has to stop imagining life "how it could be... if only he'd stop...(fill in the blank)". She has to be made to see what life is like right now! Because it's not going to get any better.

But, if she is strong enough to stay the course she will find someone who loves her. I was sure I would be forever single after ex-abuser, but then I met DH and got another chance. Tell her, the best revenge is to "live well". And that's exactly what I'm doing! :wahoo:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks Di

:hug:

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Di is exactly right, both my sister and my mom are currently in relationships that they should both get out of. You might have to help her get back on her feet.