The Goat Spot Forum banner

Thoughts on kiko/boer crosses

948 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Moers kiko boars 
#1 ·
Bird Wood Rabbits and Hares Rabbit Livestock

Here's five of my new babies born last week. I'm pretty excited because they are my first ones born to my new kiko buck. I decided last fall after having Boer goats for years to cross them with a kiko to try to breed a goat that is a more parasite resistant goat. I've managed to selectively breed my herd to reduce parasite issues somewhat and am hoping that everything I've read about kikos being more resistant is true. So my question is have any of you had any experience crossing boers and kikos? Good? Bad? Advice?Your thoughts are appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi..yes I have had a Kiko x Boer. I still have 3 Boer x kiko does. They are far more resistant to worms, diseases, and hoof problems. They kid about the same as Boers, but they recover quicker after kidding. The only difference to me in looks, are less bone mass. My full blood Boer does, and Kiko x Boers are the same height. But I do feel they are alot easier to keep alive & healthy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.