The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love honest opinions on my buck, Hull's RWHT King Of Hearts. He's a yearling-a big one!!!
Thanks!

*August, 2013*

*May, 2013*

·
Registered
626 Posts
I like my bucks thick and muscly but with a splash of dairy character, hes beautiful in the august pic, love his confirmation. I especially love his length. Hopefully in a year or 2 he will gain more mass and he will easilly be a buck that anyone should be honored to have in their herd. Lovely boy!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Wow!!!!!!! He's amazing! Look at that conformation! And his size! If I had Alpines I would think he would be a nice buck to have!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Love him! He looks fantastic! I think if I could change one thing about him, I would give him much more body capacity. It is more important for does, but his daughters might get shallowness from him.

He looks to be filling out more with age, and you have to appreciate that dairyness! :D

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gee-thanks everybody! Yeah, he needs more body capacity, but if I look at his daughters from this year, they are both showing more capacity then him: *last photo property of Purple Lady Bug Farm* The first one I retained, the last I sold to Purple Lady Bug Farm. Both are looking very nice!!!!

Here's a pic of his dam-two, really-one when she's full and one when she's milked out *Both photos property of Hull's Alpines*
Hull's WRAW Fragrance LA 86 VVVV

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HerdQueen-his dam's udder is nothing worse then drool-worthy. And here's a pic of his full littermate sisters' udder: Not a very good pic, but it was really nice-just didn't like her attitude :/

·
1,983 Posts
I had no doubts about her udder I just wanted to see it! LOL I think that if you didn't live so far away I would sweet talk you(I ain't to proud to beg) into letting me use him to cover my 3 y/o.

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody! HerdQueen, to bad you aren't closer to me (as in, like, not states away :D ); cause I do offer him up for stud.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
I'd most definitely like to see more body capacity, depth into the rear barrel, and brisket. He is very nice other than those points. But as a yearling, his growth is more into hight and length right now, don't worry, his depth will come.

If he gets enough capacity going, I wouldn't hesitate to use him in my herd, he is a nice buck. But looking at the udders, I think he would downsize my does, unless his dam doesn't have a fleshy udder.... hmm...
Do you know what his dam produces?

·
Alpine Addict!
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, I do not, but his littermate sister produces over a gallon and a half per day as a FF. Plus, his granddam was 1st place in her class at natn'ls three years now-love her!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts