The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well it's a blizzard out there so i'm stuck in the house and need to keep myself busy with something! I'm new to really getting into conformation and breeding so I would love to learn and get everyone's input on my does!
I have 5 girls right now but they are total fluff balls at the moment and there's a foot of snow, so getting decent pictures of them isn't going to happen lol.

Juno is my first girl. Her registered name is Miners Minis PL Juno. forgive the random array of pictures- I have a few of her before I got her as a jr, and a couple of when she was very pregnant last spring. The udder picture is from her old owners too, she was a week into her lactation as a FF. I have never shown (but would love to get into it), but I believe she placed well before I bought her. I was so insanely busy this past summer, I didn't get a pic of her udder from her 2nd freshening. I know she has teeny little teats - She was just confirmed bred to a really nice buck whose dam has a great udder and teat size, so i''m hoping to improve that some with this pairing. She had triplets last year (2nd freshen) and I kept her 2 doelings. I bought her bred so i didnt pick the buck, but I plan to breed those kids this fall so we will see how they turn out!
C9CB98FE-D6BC-4DC7-A207-15BFC309C01C.jpeg
7FBBA5C1-478B-4F0E-8D52-7E72C48B8152.jpeg
5F1CA43F-19FA-4FD5-89D3-ABD9FC921278.jpeg
FE74E417-558D-43B5-A4D3-A085AF7A2B4B.jpeg
CF397705-3EA0-4748-8D26-4AC4CA163CDB.jpeg

Here is a picture of her 2 doelings I held back:) Luna is on the left and Tonks is on the right.
CEAE279E-D1BE-4E8C-8148-6F4FBD505A37.jpeg

Rose is my other girl. Her registered name is fairlea rose She has yet to freshen, but she has been in with a buck for a month now and will be checked for pregnancy probably next month. Pictures are of her as a 1yo. I looked up some of the goats in her lineage and I am excited to see how she compares when she hopefully kids.
1837E5E9-65C0-4FFA-98AA-E5F7D4CEE210.jpeg
A9613F7F-CC55-49C0-909B-5951EAD5F35B.jpeg

Again-sorry about the terrible pics! I'll try and get some good ones when it warms up a bit :)

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know this is an older post but i wanted to brush up on evaluating confirmation on niggies, So this may not be the most accurate. But from what i can see Juno looks to be a very pretty doe! Love the FF udder! I would definitely like to see it higher attached on her but she's got really nice medial ligament, good teat placement and a really nice rear udder arch! I'd like to see her udder from the side too. As for body confirmation she looks really good in that area as well. Good length in both body and neck. Nice, level chine/topline. Rump is a little on the steeper side but not too bad. She has a lovely brisket and good depth to her body. Great rear leg angulation. It looks like she toes out a bit in the front in the udder picture. But overall she's a really nice looking doe.

Rose i dont like as much as Juno. She's got decent body capacity for a 1 year old, But her chine/loin area is on the weaker side and i'd like to see a longer/level topline on her like Runo although in the second picture of her it doesn't look too bad. She has a pretty steep rump on her which doesn't make for good rear leg angulation. Brisket is pretty level to the ground but i'd like to see more of it, Her fore legs should be set more squared under her shoulders too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts