The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Nigerian Dwarf goats, Mini Nubians, Poultry
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got outside to take some photos of the doeling Luna gave birth to in March. She’s growing wonderfully and I hope for her to kid next year!

Before that though, I want to know what I should be looking at improving. I have two bucks (one being her sire) so I only have one option to breed her with for now, but he has great lines that I’m hoping he’ll pass on. That being said, I’m going to be looking at getting another buck next year after this batch of does kids out and I can justify the cost of getting a fancy new guy for my herd. (At this point I’ll have more grown bucks than does…)

anyways! Here is The Hills Nyx.
note that I was by myself when taking these pics, so they’re definitely not the best. I tried to get her natural stance though.

Plant Sky Tree Goat Working animal

Grass Goat Terrestrial animal Sheep Fence

Eye Plant Goat Sheep Fawn

Plant Working animal Tree Grass Sky

Eye Sky Plant Working animal Tree

·
Registered
Breeding Registered Nigerian Dwarf Goats
2,931 Posts
Aww, what a pretty girl. 🥰

I think her biggest con is her front end assembly. She appears to be lacking brisket extension, blending through her neck and shoulders, neck length, as well as needing better front leg placement. I would also like to see more angulation in her rear legs. However, with her being so young, that all very well could improve once she's mature. Overall, I think she looks nice and has the protentional to look even nicer once she's mature! 😀

·
Registered
Nigerian Dwarf goats, Mini Nubians, Poultry
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aww, what a pretty girl. 🥰

I think her biggest con is her front end assembly. She appears to be lacking brisket extension, blending through her neck and shoulders, neck length, as well as needing better front leg placement. I would also like to see more angulation in her rear legs. However, with her being so young, that all very well could improve once she's mature. Overall, I think she looks nice and has the protentional to look even nicer once she's mature! 😀
Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
View attachment 239082
Here is a photo from today that shows off her top line much better. Still lacking the front end assembly, but I’m very happy with her rump angle and length!
She's a nicely put together doe kid. That topline is beautiful, nice rear leg angulation, her front end isn't ideal. She looks like she has nice depth. Definitely worth keeping and freshening. Find a buck out of a doe with a great front end.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts