slight dip in chine

Udder:
Capacity is good
rear attatchments are good
medial is a little too defined
fore udder is fairly smooth, but could be smoother
teat size is good
teat shape and placement could be improved a bit
Could have more udder depth (you want 1/3 udder behind the rear leg, 1/3 in front, and 1/3 hidden by rear leg)

Overall a pretty well put together doe!

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Neener neener neener! :p

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
Also, the full udder picture just now loaded. In that one, her medial looks fine, but in the last pic, it looks too defined.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regarding udder pics. I should have stated when I posted these that the close up of just her rear udder was taken at something like a week fresh, with a twelve hour fill.

The pic of her whole body from the rear, she was like 7 months fresh and I think a 12 hour fill on that one too. If that helps at all.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Omg! I love her udder! I like a well defined medial, it shows that her udder is there to stay. I think she is beautiful! Love her markings! The only fault that i found is her toes may point out in the rear, may be a good toe trim would help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyone's input...I bought this doe way back and I knew absolutely nothing about goats. She was emaciated, infested with lice, with this shaggy awful coat and I basically bought her because I felt sorry for her and I wanted to get her healthy. When I bred her and saw that udder I got excited, this year I shaved her for the first time because I thought there might be a decent girl under there.

I think I was right! She's no show stopper I don't think, but she's a pretty nice little goat. Can't tell you how great her teats are for milking, they are so long! And her personality is just to die for, she is the most humble little girl, no drama, no trouble. For a homestead milk goat they don't get much better than her.

She's getting a little older now & I haven't gotten to keep anything from her yet. I would probably even keep a buck by her if that's all I get this year (that's all I got last year but the sire was not up to par for me to keep his son. This year's sire is)

·
346 Posts
She looks a lot like the doe in my profile pic! Same color! :)
I really like that udder. Very nice medial, attachments, capacity, teats could be a little more centered and larger but other than that it looks very nice.
Nice levelness and length of body, width, body capacity. I would like to see her shoulder assembly improved on (not so far forward).
Other than that I think she is a nice doe, especially for one that you just happened to find!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts