Three Generations

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by ChestnutGrove, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    I was working on my site (long over due on doing and am still working on it) and was looking at this photo with a tear in my eye.

Three Generations
    Grandma, daughter & granddaughter
    Photo taken spring of 2007
    [​IMG]
    Gay-Mor's JJU Mimic (8 years old), Chestnut Grove Princess Diana (7 years old) and Chestnut Grove Crown Jewel (3 years old)

Princess Diana and Mimic died peacefully this year from old age - Almost made 9 and 10 years old. Which is why I get a little sad when I see the picture as we miss them so much - it was not expected since they where in great health - Mimic died two weeks later which was not a big shock even though she was in great health and eatting well (okay - maybe a little on the chubby side as was Princess Diana) but she was very close to Princess Diana and you could tell she missed her. We still miss them very much but I love this photo and just wanted to share it.

Deidre

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe thats beautiful!! I am sorry you lost the sweet goats but you have memories and thats always good

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is a beautiful picture. It is neat how they are lined up in order also.

It is sad that they are gone but that would be a beautiful picture to always have around. :hug:

4. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    That is a lovely picture to cherish of your girls. Which were all beautiful BTW.

5. Love the picture, I am sory to hear of your loss but remember the good times and it will make it worth having them as long as you did.

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    That is precious :hug:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a precious pic, you can certainly see that they were so bonded with each other. Beautiful girls....and Jewel will surely be passing on that beauty for years to come :hug:

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    aaawww.... That is so sweet! It is nice that you have that pic to remember them by! Very beautiful girls! :love:

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    That is wonderful! What a neat picture to always remember!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What a great memory ...they were beautiful.... :hug:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Oh so very precious! Thank you for sharing it, what an incredible bond :love: and great example of pure love. :hug:

12. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    what a special picture. I know how hard loss is but just think of all the wonderful times you all had... they are truly a blessing in our lives... :love:

13. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Thanks everyone! Tons of memories that is for sure! They did love each other very much and they were spoiled and they knew how to get their way lols.

I still cannot believe I managed to get that picture as they are always in your face (goat thing you know lols) - after I took the picture (with the zoom) they saw me and got up to see what I was doing and came over for pets and to see if I had any cookies (since I was trying to get the picture the cookies were left inside). Do you notice when you want them for dewormering you have to call them in - but when you come home with a load of feed they can be acres back and come RUNNING saying "I can help you unload that!!!!" lols. They have great hearing! Even if it is selective at times lols!

14. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Soo sweet! I'm sorry you lost them. :hug: But that is a sweet picture so you can always remeber them. And you have the grand-daughter. ;) They were very pretty BTW. :hug:

15. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Thanks! They never hurt the eyes that is for sure! I know when I drive in the drive way or look out the window from in the house I smile when I look at my little herd which is what it is all about.

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    What a sweet picture. I know you miss them. They are all beautiful.

17. Janne

Janne New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Kentucky
    What beautiful ladies. :hug: