Three new dairy goats and a new lamb

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, May 3, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Okay so I went and got those dairy goats ... they're not pretty, let me warn you. I certainly wouldnt want to have been paying for them, but since they were free I'm quite happy to take them and rehome them. I got three - a mature toggy doe, and her 6 mth old twins, a buck and doe, saanen cross. They are quite scrappy and need some feed in them. Very friendly so I'll sell them on as home milkers at some point.

Stacey - the mum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you thought the side view was ugly, wait till you see the udder - yeesh!

[​IMG]

Doeling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The yucky bucky - he's a whiffy boy - was NOT happy in this pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this morning another orphan lamb arrived - a little ewe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Name suggestions anyone? I need names for them all (I cant bring myself to keep calling the togg stacey)

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes it is very disterbing to read a goat with my name spelled the same way too LOL :ROFL:

To bad she doesnt have a nice udder because dispite her need for groceries she doesnt look to bad.

Cant beat free :thumbup:

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Sure glad you got them so you can give them a bit of TLC.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    cute lamb.

umm, yeah that udder isnt very good. glad you got them, looks like they needed some extra munchies.

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yeah my first thought when I saw The-Goat-Formerly-Known-As-Stacey was ouch, ugly ugly udder and so so thin. Then when I saw the daughter and son, they seem like quite nice animals, I thought huh, well she certainly breeds okay. The buck is a whole lot better than these pics. Unfortunately he's also decided he's going to jump my fences. So at the moment he has a tyre attached to his horns.

What are everyone's thoughts on the doeling? I'm considering breeding her to see how the udder comes out ... unless of course someone wants to buy her in the meantime.

The two kids are bigger than the doe at only 6 months ... she strikes me as a doe that was bred too early, restricted on feed and consequently has never grown out to her full potential. Its just a pity about the udder. The person said she originally paid a lot of money for her ... :shrug:

Also, I wanted to know if these horns are too big to band? I'd like to try, I've never banded horns before. The doeling in particular seems to have quite soft horns at the base. They are full sized dairy goats at 6 mths old ...

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww poor Stacey! *snickers* Sorry couldn't help it. LOL She seems like such a sweetheart. The doeling is GORGEOUS though. The buck isn't too bad himself.

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Sorry Keren, would that even be considered an udder? Lol. Some love and feed and she'll be good as new.
    I can't help but think, maybe this is the Stacey that you'll one day be worried about while she's pregnant.

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    the doelings horn could probably still be removed...its my understanding that it'll work on any size.

the doeling looks long and mature..a little steep but it may just be the pictures. :thumb: why not breed her?