The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put this in the wrong place-sorry!

The first pictures are of Trip, I was wondering if she is overly fat, possibly preggers, or just right...I think she looks bigger then what the pictures show, all she gets is hay, and minerals :)

Second pic is of Franky- our newest addition!!! I was told he was pygmy but when I saw him I thought Nigerian Dwarf- am I right ? He is soo tiny! and sweet and really stinky!!!

I would like to worm him, with the stress of moving,.. I have Ivomec plus, is that okay to give him.. Orally at 1 cc per 25 lbs. ?

Also I would like to thank you guys for being such great people! This site is honestly a life saver for me. I know you probably get tired of me posting lol but I have so much to learn still, I never thought it was ever this complicated. Your all so helpful and always nice about it. So thanks again! Have a wonderful day :)

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
Ivomec + is just fine to use on Franky. Dose him again 10 days leter to take care of new hatch.
She looks preg to me but admit not used to looking at the smaller breeds. Trip is very pretty!
Squishy tail, fat pocket by elbows & having a hard time finding ribs are ways of determining if they are fat.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
* any one have any thoughts on Trip, and do you think Franky is a NG Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Franky is ABSOLUTELY a ND mix. Trip I'm not sure about because that's just what my Pygmy looks like all the time. :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The buck is a Nigerian Dwarf. If the doe has fat pockets by her shoulders, she is overweight.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought he was :)

I can feel her ribs, her tail isn't squishy and no fat pocket.. But I was told she hadn't been around a buck.. -- but people lie-- I put Franky in with her, and he wanted nothing to do with her, sniffed her butt once and walked away.

:)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
How long ago did you buy her?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I was told on the fat front that it is similar to people - if you can pinch an inch right behind the elbows on the side, they are on the heavy side.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had her around a month, maybe a little longer :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts