Three strikes and you are out!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jul 9, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Heath has just used up his last chance.

Strike one - questionable fertility. I kept him round to see if he would improve.

Strike two - escaped the buck pen several times. I reinforced the shabby fence where he was getting out.

Strike three - he attacked me. As I walked towards him (doing nothing out of the ordinary) he hooked his horns under my right leg and swept up, I fell on the ground, at which point he proceeded to pummel me with his head, horns and front feet.

He is now on a tether because I dont trust him, he will be going to freezer camp as soon as I get the paperwork done.

I am black and blue all over and I hate to think of what could have happened if it was one of my nephews.

Heath has always been the most beautiful friendly buck, just so sweet natured :( I'm gonna be so sad to see him go.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ouch sounds painful. Sorry you have to let him go - but liek you said it is for the best, dotn need people getting hurt

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh I am so sorry. :hug: That is scary that he just attacked like that. You are definately making the right decision though....it would be REALLY bad if he attacked someone coming to buy goats or something or a child! Definately, but unfortunately for the best.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH that is so hard. I had one that was as sweet as sugar, then he started to butt at people. I chalked it up to rut. Then he cam after me rammed me and came after me again while I was on the ground. I sold him as soon as I could. It was so hard because he was my first buck and i just loved him, but I had 4Her come over and I could not take a chance.

I hope Keren that you are ok. I bet you are sore. Take care of yourself.

5. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    I am so sorry and do understand :sigh: I know rut can change a bucks personality but this sounds like more - I have had horned bucks (one being a rather large Angora buck who we had till he died from old age) and large disbudded bucks and I NEVER had one do that to me before and to be candid - I would have the same reaction you are having - FREEZER - there is no excuse for that and you are hurt. ''

So sorry that you are hurt!

Deidre

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Wow even with out the other strikes he would be heading for freezer camp. I hope you are ok and so sorry for your tough decision.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is horrible... :( ...I bet it was ...scary at the time....hope you heal quickly... :hug: ....I'm sorry ...that you have to send him to freezer camp, but it is for everyone's safety......he sounds really dangerous.... :( :hug:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh wow..what a tough desicision..never had a goat do that. :hug:

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Oh, I am so sorry that happened, Hope you aren't hurt bad!!
    that would be scary to be attacked like that, That could seriously hurt a child. Definetly the right thing to do.

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Exactly the same situation here.

Paperwork should come through on Monday, and I'll be able to take him to the abbatoir on Wednesday or so.

11. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Oh wow... I'm glad you weren't hurt worse. It sounds like you are going to be really sore for a while though. I can't imagine getting pummeled like that by a buck. I totally agree... he'd be gone (freezer camp or wherever) quickly.

12. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I wonder how feisty he will be in goat chili?

Sorry you are black and blue. . . maybe make him blacked goat?