The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been pretty busy the last few years with everything in general. I have some friends that I have not talked to in a long time. One friend that I am feeling a bit low about is an old but good friend that I was really close with for a good while but then as life got busy and complicated we both went our own ways and didn't get to talk much. Well I returned Saturday from a day trip to Middle TN (had a baby shower for my cousin) and received an email informing me of the death of my friend. (mind you he is a bit older then me but still this was a shock!) I was lost for words. I then responded to that friends email asking for an update for when services were arranged as my friend had been an organ donor and I knew the funeral would take a bit longer to arrange then normal cases. Well I kept looking online for an obituary with information but did not come across one until today. I also received an email from another friend today with the information and apologizing for not getting the information to me in time to attend. I missed the funeral and all services. I feel a bit low and out of the loop. I have email a few more friends from this older group of people that I use to do everything with back in the day in hopes of regaining a connection before anymore pass away. This one friend was an amazing friend and person! I had learned so much from him and I will always be thankful for having the chance to know him. His only remaining family member that I know of is a sibling and his friends meant the world to him. I do wish I could have visited him before hand, but really wished I could have paid my respects at least.

If you have any friends you haven't talked to in awhile please touch base with them before it's too late.

Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I am so sorry. I know the older we get the busier we get and we tend to lose contact with friends.

I wish we could slow our life's down and enjoy it a bit more.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all! I do wish I could slow it all down. I did start to make arrangements to meet with one of these friends for lunch and to visit the grave site soon. We haven't set a date in stone yet as I have the farrier coming tomorrow and I am not sure his schedule as he teaches and works another job, but I will be sure to meet up soon.

It is just sad how someone that was once so important to me I lost touch with for such a short time. I took for granted thinking that we could always reconnect soon but never got the chance to meet up again. He taught me so much and I can never thank him for everything he did.

Thanks for listening.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
:grouphug::grouphug: I know what you mean. I am so sorry. Sometimes it takes something like this to slap us in the face and get back with friends and loved ones.

·
8,473 Posts
So sorry to hear of your friend's death. I know what you mean, my best friend's mom recently died. The mom and I have stayed close over the years, but
I didn't get over to see her the last year of her life. You are so right, try at least to call or write the old friends, time does slip by!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.