Time for the fair ** Pics added**

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RPC, Jul 19, 2010.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well today is the day we take the goats into the fair....It is kinda sad that the first goats born on this farm will not be coming home....We are going to bring the girls back but the wethers go on the happy acers truck (atleast thats what the kids think) I cant wait to see how they do and how big they are..... We have done alright with projects already. Taylor got a blue with photography and 2 blues with both of her basic crafts then got Reserve champion with the dress and jacket she made. Kerigan got blue with her skirt, and 2 blues with both of her basic crafts, I am not sure about gardening but we missed a part in the book so I think she gets a red.....I am excited to see everyone that I only see a couple times a year but i am already ready for it to be over I am tired. I will update after the goat show on wed. night. I will also try to post pictures of the goats at the fair.
    I thought the goats grew pretty well I was hoping the does would be bigger but we will see if I can get them to grow. Tank (the black headed wether) was 79LBS, Joey (the red headed wether) was 70lbs, Joy (The black headed doe) was 55lbs, and sky (the red headed doe) was 51lbs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Re: Time for the fair

Wow. Congratulations on the ribbons. Can't wait to see the photos...

-Tina

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Gardening went better then I thought Kerigan got red for her peppers and honor class for her parsley plant

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Wow sounds like your girls did very well! Exciting! I hope you get lots of pics to share! I want to get my kids into 4-H next year with goats, and would love for them to get into something else as well.

5. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

congrats to the kids! I love fair time. We aren't entering this year at our county fair since last year my goats got a bad cold from being there & I don't want to risk them catching anything else. But when my son is old enough, he will be entering things in 4-H also.
    This will be the 2nd year in 14 years that I'm not entering anything..kind of sad but I'm sure I'll still be there multiple days & probably help others show their goats & rabbits.

6. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well tonight was the show i will try to get pictures up soon......I was so busy watching I didnt get many of them actually showing but I did get some of them after the show.......The does were in the same class since they are 4 days apart in age Taylor got 5th and Kerigan got 3rd out of 6.....The wethers were also in the same class and Taylor got 3rd and Kerigan got 2nd which made her reserve champion middle weight wether....That class had 6 as well.....They did really well in showmanship I thought but didnt place in the top 3......Kerigan decided before the fair that she didnt want to show next year because she was convinced her goats hated her and would never walk in the show but after she did so well now she is thinking maybe one or two again next year.....Taylor will be showing again but she is not very happy that her little sister beat her both times.....I will post pictures soon I am toooo tired tonight.

7. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Congrats to the girls! I can't wait to see some pics!

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Before the fair started Kerigan said she was not going to show goats next year because they didnt walk very good for her but it was her first year and so next year she will know what to do. Now that she has shown and did better then her older sister I think she will show atleast one if not 2 goats next year. I guess we will just have to wait and see. I am really proud of both of them and I think they had a blast.

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Your girls are very cute! And I am so glad to hear they had fun! I hope Kerigan decides to show again next year. I am sure it can be very scary for them for their first show, but if she had fun, then maybe that is encouraging for next year :)

Again congrats! Beautiful girls and good looking goats!

10. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Congrats! Love the big smiles!!! I am so glad they had a good time and came away with ribbons! I showed a bit when I was a youth and I loved it - still love showing when I do show. It is really nice to meet up with old friends and make new ones at the shows.

11. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Glad to hear they did good :) Your goats from Kim seem to be growing really well compared to the one i had! They look nice