The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got new goats as I posted two days ago and now have started treatments and readying up their vaccine and whatnots. Yesterday gave their first Cydectin and will do 10 & 10 days. Today I started Cocci prevention. I did a three day mix then I’ll pour out balance, which want be much at all. Then I’ll do the two day mix for total of 5 days. My problem is now when I finish the 3 day mix and was putting the Corrid back in the plastic ziplock to put back in the refrigerator, I noticed the date of expiration of Aug 2017. It has been kept in its original bag ( small corner cut off) inside a ziplock bag, in the refrigerator. This August it will be 3 years old. I thinking maybe it’s still good? What do you think. I gave 1st dose today anyway.

·
TKC Farms
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, I’ll throw it out. I also found some Corrid liguid with a 2021 exp date. I mixed it 35 ml to 210ml water. I am giving 4 goats 15ml a day total 60 ml per day. This mix makes 245ml. I’ll use 180ml in 3 days and throw and make a new batch of 23ml Corrid and 120 ml water and do the last two days and throw out balance. (Apx 23ml) this way I’m not wasting my Corrid 9.6%. Any suggestions or agreements?

·
Super Moderator
83,113 Posts
Mixing undiluted Corid liquid:
Mix 6 tablespoons(3 ounces) corid to 16 oz water....
For powdered mixture...3 ounces to 1 quart
then dose it at ...
30cc per 100lbs
15cc per 50lbs
7.5 per 25 lbs
treat individually for 5 days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts