The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is!!

my bf was commenting on how much work it'll take to clear everything...this is when I chimed in to say that if we had more goats, they wouldn't take too long to eat it all..... hehe

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
don't worry.....those are African tulips...they'll grow back like nothing ever happened to them. we tried to innoculate stumps with mushrooms a few years ago, but didn't know the stumps or trees don't DIE when you cut them.....and we didn't get any mushrooms from them.

it's strange...i'm so used to temperate trees where when you chop them down, they don't come back. you chop down tropical trees, and they just pop right back! so bizarre!!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
it is!!

my bf was commenting on how much work it'll take to clear everything...this is when I chimed in to say that if we had more goats, they wouldn't take too long to eat it all..... hehe
:slapfloor: :ROFL:

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Very cool! The wood leftover will be very usable when they are done with the leaves and bark! I have a friend that lets her goats debark any logs she cuts down, before she uses them for lumber. They do a better job than machinery, when it comes to stripping the bark off those trees to leave smooth, perfect wood!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that's a great idea Stacykins....BUT this wood is no good for lumber. it very soft and starts sprouting wherever you put it. it's so humid here that if it does sprout, it just ends up falling apart. tropical wood is weird compared to wood we're used to the Canada and the US.... we just let them eat it, and my bf and a guy is working on moving it into the gully across the street where i'm sure there will be a forest of African tulips in 6 months from now. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts