Tina progressing, any guess how long?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by corabee, Mar 3, 2010.

1. corabee

corabee New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    well, tonight we have a very long stream of white to amberish mucus which I am sure would hit the ground if it wasn't wrapped around her tail. She is acting really strange and I saw a couple small contractions but no pushing. She is looking like she is scared but quiet, not freaking out. Still feel some ligs, but real squishy and almost bent down into a v shape. Every time I try to feel them she backs herself firmly into the corner of her pen, so I think I am feeling more ligs than are actually there had she been standing normally. She is yawning and pawing the ground, but then lying down for long periods. Instead of closing her eyes to sleep she is tightly closing her eyes, squeezing them shut so that it pulls at her facial muscles and makes her look like she is smiling. That is progress, I say!!
    For those of you who didn't read her thread in Goat Frenzy, she is a ff and I do not have a date.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    amberish mucus....does it look like a clear tube.. amber color...she sounds real close...Usually within a short time frame...I would watch her closely tonight......

is her udder really tight..shiny?

3. corabee

corabee New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Her udder is not tight and shiny. I can still find ligs if I try hard, they just seem to be squishy and v-shaped. The mucus was more of a long string, than a tube. It broke off and stuck all over her tail and now there is not any mucus coming out. Her vulva is swollen and she is restless, but takes rests for about 20 minutes at a time. Eating her hay like she has never been fed, but randomly stops chewing, looks up to the ceiling and just stays like a statue for a about 10 seconds or so and then resumes eating. My completely uneducated thought is morning to afternoon tomorrow. I would assume she would stream mucus more continually if she was going within the next few hours. I know they are unpredictable. I debated sleeping in the barn tonight, but it is cold and I have to be up in the morning to care for my 2 year old. Knowing me I will wake up every few hours and run out there, though.

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    sounds like it was plug to me

5. corabee

corabee New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Tina is not posty this morning and I can still feel ligs although they are on their way out. No streaming mucus this morning. Keeping her in her kidding pen since a brief encounter with Billy this morning resulted in some attempted head butting on his part. Luckily I was right there and locked her up. She has been separated for the most part and just getting some exercise in the pasture and Billy has behaved under my close supervision, but no more.

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    some bag up real tight...just a few hours away from kidding.... some may wait til after they kid... from her being so uncomfortable and such ...sounds like the babies are starting to shift.... Also ..you should notice her hip bones protruding...sticking out.. a bit more....her tail head will really drop... when you look at her from behind ....and the babies are still way up on her sides.... she isn't quite there....if you see all of a sudden.. her sides drop and you don't see as much tummy sticking out... the babies should be on there way... to the birth canal.... With a clear amber tubing that almost resembles.. a clear straw that is a light amber color...... when you see it ...you will know... the the doe is ...about to kid out for sure... like within a short time... hope this helps a little... :wink: :greengrin:

7. corabee

corabee New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    That was exactly the info I needed. Thank you. Her belly is still sticking out real wide on the sides when you look from behind. I will look for her to be less wide and more deep or at least posty. Thanks!