The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okie, so I am going to likely purchase these two does from Anna. These girls are both from the Sugar Pine herd and unfortunately are on the wild side. . . . because of that they are priced slightly lower than normal. Anna said I can have both for $525 since I've bought so many goats from her.

Sugar Pine FD Ocean Mist
Sire: Hayseed Farms FA Flash Dancer (Hayseed Farms Final Answer x MCH Gay-Mor Lucky Native Dancer)
Dam: Flat Rocks Sea Breeze Jubilee (Flat Rocks Gem x Flat Rocks Celebration
Misty is a proven, four-year-old, buckskin doe bred to a blue eyed buck for November kids. She has very nice conformation and a good udder w/ big teats, orifices, and an average amount of milk.

Sugar Pine FD Shadow Dance
Sire: Hayseed Farms FA Flash Dancer (Hayseed Farms Final Answer x MCH Gay-Mor Lucky Native Dancer)
Dam: Mountain Quest Ghost (Piddlin' Acres Maverick x Mountain Quest Minnie Delight)
Gold & white yearling doe, ready to breed (I'll breed her to my polled buck, Lance). She has nice conformation. Her dam was very nice older doe w/ a great udder and won GCH her only time in the show ring.

What do you think? To buy or not to buy? :) I don't really want to work on taming them down but they are nice & I like their bloodlines. . . .

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I really like Ocean Mist, she is gorgeous! I like Shadow Dance also, but definately not as much as Mist. They both are really nice little does and would fit in well with any herd. I don't like that they aren't that tame, but i'm sure with treats and just messing with them they will calm down. Anna's giving you a great deal on them that's for sure! I say go for it, both are lovely girls! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
I think I'm going to avoid wild goats from here on out. I just don't like to have to chase them. If you have time to work with them and tame them down then they'd probably be good. I haven't see the udders on those two so I can't really say one way or the other on those two. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't really want to deal with them but then I kind of already told Anna I would get them (I had to make the decision quick). I feel like their price is a little high for wild goats. Anna sold me a gorgeous wild doe last year, bred for only $175 - she's actually these does' half-sister. That's quite low but I offered Anna $500 for the pair, she said she couldn't do that. Oh well. . . . I tamed down the other doe fairly easy, it's pretty easy to catch her now and I can milk her too. I'm just torn w/ decisions and wondering whether I should spend the money on these girls. I'll figure it out. . . .

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I've been in a position like that. This breeder by us has about 20 kids a year. Really gorgeous, good lines, genetics, just great all around goats. Well, she posts every kid on her website at one time. It's a first come first serve kinda thing. I had to make a really tough decision on a buck kid as many people were interested in him. It was now or never, I chose to get him. The price was outrageous in my opinion, but there were others willing to pay his price. I was kinda wondering if I should have comitted to my purchase. I bought him without taking a look at him, bought him on pictures. If I had taken my time to shop around i'm sure I could have found a buck just as good for the same money, but I'm happy I got the little guy, he's sooooo cute and I just love him. At the time you told Anna you would take them you might have had a different thought on the whole thing. I've done this a couple times. After I think about it I'm glad I bought the goats, but i'm not sure if I would have found something better or if they were worth my $$$. Hope you get what I meant by this?? I'm a little tired so please excuse me if it doesn't make sense!!!

I have a friend down in Pleasant Hill, OR who is/was selling 4 AGS reg. nigerians for $125 each. They all are young, proven kidders, CAE & CL neg., color, good udders, all are very friendly, and good lines. If you'd like I can see if she still has them. In my opinion that's an awesome deal! But I think Anna's deal is pretty good too...decisions are tough for sure! :GAAH:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that made sense. I know which breeder you're talking about. . . . her prices are kind of "up there". :)

I just emailed Anna and told her I cannot get them, feel guilt about changing my mind but for some reason it just didn't "feel right". I just need to trust my gut feeling that is wasn't right for me now, so, that's how it went. . . . thanks for the advice everyone!

Kylee: If you could see if they are still available that would be cool.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm already really used to it and I get very frustrated with people sometimes - so I hate to do that to someone else. But, I just can't get them now, so hopefully she understands. . . . told her I was sorry. :)

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Hey Olivia, Just received an email from her today, said she just sold three 2 days ago and she decided to keep the other one, but :shrug: when I was last there she had about 6 does left so she might disperse some more later this year. I will definately keep my eye open for ya though!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would rather someone back out of a buy then to sell the goat or chicken to someone who isn't sure they want them.

Suellen

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for trying Kylee. Can you tell me who the breeder is? Just curious. . . . I know just about everyone around here. :)

Suellen: Yeah, I definitely agree with you on that one. I don't want to sell my goats to someone who will just give them away to some weirdo or something like that. My goaties are pets and deserve "forever homes". :) Good thing I didn't get them, just counted our herd and it's almost at 15, and I still want to keep a doe kid or two! So, it all worked out okay.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Muddy Creek Farm said:
Thats great you made the right decision, even with temptation :thumb: I had to do the same thing last week - it was HARD!!
I had the same dilemma :) You made the right choice not getting them, capriola. Skittsh goats are no fun to try and milk, or clip, or trim...

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Her name's Kate, not sure on last name, I believe Hudson or Hubson,,,something like that. She had about 12 ags nigis, but sold off the herd and now only has a few. Doesn't have a website...really nice lady!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts