The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe that is getting over worms. The vet came out and gave a shot of ivomec 10 days ago and said worm her again in 3 weeks. I went out and bought ivomec plus. Do I wait the 3 weeks or do I give it to her tomorrow? My gut says tomorrow but I don't want to overdose her. Also I have my two other does ivermectin paste 1.87% at 3x their weight as a preventive even though they were not showing signs of worms but again my gut said to worm them.
Also how much grain do I feed two 100lbs does and a 70lbs doe? Don't want to over feed. They have plenty of hay fresh water and free choice minerals. Just trying to be the best new goat mommy I can be. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
we do 3 times 10 days apart thenonce again in 30 when a goat is heavy loaded...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are boer goats. The 100 pounders are 6mo this month and the 70 pounder is 8mo this month her growth is stunted due to worms. Figured that out the hard way.

·
Super Moderator
32,237 Posts
1/2 a cup twice a day I would think : ) once they do well on that you can increase it..

·
14,456 Posts
What are you feeding them?
For these girls I'd go with a cup each twice daily for a few days & increase in 1/4 cup increments every few days until they are up to about 1 1/2 lb ea. If they haven't had grain I'd start with half cup.
You might not want to get them that high; my girls were just cut off at 9 mos. They are now on alfalfa only & loose minerals.
Have they been checked for cocci?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts