The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice my current goats have horns I want a ND doe but I can't find one that has horns and is friendly enough to be with my disabled brother. So my question is... Is it ok if I get a dehorned ND breed her and keep one of the baby's with horns and sell the rest? Thanks!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
That is entirely up to you, as it is more a question of if you want to or not. I am sure that a baby would be friendly if you raised it yourself. Are you sure there aren't any breeders that bottle raise or even have gentle ND doelings? It seems like a lot of trouble to breed and raise just to get a sweet, horned, Nigerian. Breeding is quite a lot of work, and you would have to find a stud or a bred doe just to get a pet. Not saying you shouldn't, just trying to help find an easier solution :)

·
Registered
31,517 Posts
If you find a ND breeder..ask to reserve a doeling in which you do not want her dibudded...shoudl be no reason no to do it...they may ask for full payment in case you back out and they end up with a doe with horns : )

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are some breeders around me but 75% of my profit off my other goats goes towards college that's the rules in my house... I have roughly $250 saved but most ND breeders charge in the 300's to the 400's. that and I have to use some of it to buy grain monthly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts