I have a boer doe who is day 144 today. Three years old and this is her second kidding. Delivered two fantastic 9-10 lb bucks last year. Early in her pregnancy I noticed her moaning a lot. Anytime she lays down she's moaning. She never seems in distress so I guess she is just being her. Not in pain and is chewing her cud. A couple of nights ago I really thought she had begun labor. Her ligaments are very soft, bagging up nicely (you can see the dairy in her!) and seemed to be contracting and even gave a few pushes. I stayed in the barn til 4am with her...nothing. She is definately VERY uncomfortable. Her moaning increases with the movement of the kids inside (understandable) and they are very active as I watch her. Looks like they are making every attempt to break out! Here is my dilemma: I'm wondering if I should induce her. I am positive of her due date. Watched the buck breed her several times and then removed her from the pen and hasn't seen him since. My concern is her constant pushing. I checked her this morning and she is not dilated. I can easily get one finger, maybe two in her cervix. Can't feel a kid right there. I'm usually pretty accurate with guessing if a doe has more than two. I think she does and I don't think they are huge. I have never induced a doe before because I have never felt a need. Now on to the conversation with my vet. Let me prefice this by saying I love her and think she is a great vet and I would do anything she told me to do with my donkeys but I have disagreed with some advice she has given me about managing my goats. When I spoke with her this morning we agreed that I would be the best judge as to induce or not. She gave me dexamethasone and lutalyse and instructions on how to use them. Initially on the phone she told me a huge dose of dexamethazone 20-25 cc IM in the neck. When I picked up the script today the instructions state 10cc at 12am (which is when I get home from work) and tomorrow morning to give 2cc lute. I called a friend of mine who has been a mentor and also breeds goats and she, stating she didn't want to contadict my vet BUT, if it was her she uses 5cc dexamethasone and 2cc lutalyse TOGETHER. She says the dex will make her labor and the lute will help her dilate. So keeping this long story long, any opinions on the danger of vaginal prolapse and the long term effect? Do I even need to be concerned? I would much rather wait and let her kid naturally but don't want to cause ill effect as a result of waiting either. I actually posted a short video of her on my facebook farm page when I thought her labor was beginning. You can see how nice her udder is looking and get an idea of her prolapse. It does return to normal after a few minutes on her feet. facebook.com/ruedyranch feel free to "like" my page as well! :wink: I just battle with the thought of allowing her to continue like this for almost another week on her own.