To keep him, or not to keep him? That is the question...

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Gahh!! I am wowed by CowGirl's buck kid, I mean this kid is drop dead G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Just what we breed for. And of course I love his daddy Rewind. I am going to sell a buck or two of mine next year, atleast that's the plan. I really want this kid to go to a show home, or I may just keep him. Heck I may just keep him anyways. I really need to get a pic of him set up for you guys to see. :ROFL:

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    He is a really cute buckling. lol. You are selling some of your bucks next year? which ones are you thinking of selling? I may want one . . . :leap:

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I'm not sure yet lol, but I want to cut one or two bucks next year, I'll put you on the list and I'll contact you if I do sell some.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I love that little buckling!! Too bad we aren't ready for one yet. . . . about how much is shipping? I've never had a goat shipped before so have no idea how that works. . . . makes me nervous just thinking about it.

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I think it was about $200 to ship Finnigan and LoveBug in from TX. Plus health cert and kennel. I am thinking about ordering Kennels in bulk so that it would cost less for the people who ship from me. I think shipping is a great way to get different genetics into your herd. I may be shipping some more kids in from TX next year.

Also if there is another person in your area that would want a goat from the same place, you ship them together and split shipping costs, which makes it very cost effective.

6. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Muddy Creek- are you planning a breeding anythime soon with Chenille and Rewind?? I would love a buck off of them!!

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Funny you ask, I was thinking about switching her to Rewind anyways :slapfloor: So I can put you on the list for a buck out of them if you want.

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Wait, you know I relocated to Iowa right? I just noticed I didn't switch the location on this site.

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That's not bad at all. I have to keep that in mind. Thanks!