To keep or not to keep

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Yaupon Acres, Jul 17, 2008.

1. I can't decide if I want to keep her to show or not. Any opinions?
    Yaupon Acres Luna 4-8-08
    Sire: Lost Valley KW Cassanova *S
    SS: Gay-Mor’s RA Kingwood ++ *S
    SD: Goodwood Dallas Cicada *S

Dam: Alexander Farm BW Sunshine
    DS: MCH Twin Creeks BH Bay Watch ++ *S E
    DD: Alexander Farm Chantili Lace *D
  2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She is a very pretty color and looks to be level with sharp withers. I don't show, but she looks really good to me.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I love her color and markings, but I don't really like her face and she doesn't seem much like a show goat, her overall appearance just doesn't seem all that special, but I could be wrong. I'm not a big shower or anything, maybe someone else can give a different opinion. I think she would make a better pet than show doe, just my opinion. She is cute though!! Do you have any other pics of her???
  4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    First off that is not a good photo to judge conformation on, so I can't tell much. Her bloodlines are great, and her color is to (I know, I know...) How is her dam's udder?
  5. I really need to set her up and take more pics. This pic is about a month old I think.

Her dam's udder is very good but not perfect. Her dam, Sunshine has finished 2nd a couple of times and 3rd but never won grand champion.
  6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, it is difficult to evaluate conformation on that picture. I would keep her though for her awesome bloodlines and potential. I love her color though, I'm a sucker for golden goats. :) What's wrong w/ her dam's udder, something the sire might possibly have fixed in this cross?