The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got three more alpine kids from a friend of a friend, they are nine months old and as far as I know they were only given one CD/T shot at about two weeks old. I was wondering if I could give them their other two shots now or are they two old?

Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
This is what I was told and have done with my goats. CD/T Given at 1ml at 2 weeks, 2 months, 6 months, 9 months and 1 year. Then once a year at 2ml per goat. Can be given either IM or SQ.

I wouldn't double up any dose..don't give the two shots they missed at once. I would just give them the dose they need now and give the next dose at the next time needed.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
In ofer to give proper coverage some vaccines require more than one dose at regular intervals to cover for that diesase. The 3,6,9 week regimen sets up the immunity so these guys have not had proper coverage for anything but the T part of the vaccine, Tetanus. They need three doses at 3 week intervals to build up their immunity.

In the whole scheme of things, the CDT can be given any time there is feed stress like shipping or other diet change in kids or weanlings. Hence the repeat doses at regular intervals till 12 months.

If you just vaccinated them I'd continue till they have their three doses. CD is nothing to play with and the extra T is no big deal if they get extra.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I should give them the CDT shot in three week intervals the to build up there immuity?
And will it matter that they already had one or two shots when they were younger?

Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts