The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we have no clue the date of breeding so it's all a guesstimate at this point.

But...

One of the girls isn't very people friendly but tonight she had no issues with me walking up and petting her and the boyfriend feeling around for ligaments which he says are completely gone! Also she looks like a dairy cow her udder is so big! It sways back and forth lol!

The other girls ligaments are really soft as well. This is her first kidding but she's already bagged up as well. But her lady parts are really swelled up and red.

No discharge from either yet.

Any educated guesses as to when these 2 may deliver?

· Registered
215 Posts
If the ligaments are truly gone, within the next 12 hours or so! On mine, though, I kept thinking her ligaments were gone for days until I felt them when they were really gone - bizarre feeling! Watch her closely, won't be too long either way :)

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We felt the other girls (we have 5 in total) for comparison lol.

I'm now thankful we have a camera in the barn so I can remotely check on them! Otherwise I'd be spending most of the time in the barn again LOL

· Registered
14 Posts
What kinda camera/setup do you have? This gets me thinking that I need to get something like this going on.

In fact I wouldn't mind at least for now having something like that mounted on my solar panel dolly for my portable electric fences so I could watch them anytime.... I'm sure I'd have to jerry rig up some power to it, but that shouldn't be a problem.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We have a dlink camera of some sort lol I'm not sure the model number. It's got night vision, and you can hear what's going on in there as well.

It's really really handy! It's also hooks up to the internet wirelessly so as long as your wireless network reaches your good. Oh and dlink has an app for iPhones and such so I can check on them by simply opening the app!

No more late night trips to the barn for me!

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been checking them like crazy today! But still no babies! I WANT BABIES TO COME!!!! Ahhhh!

It feels like we've waited longer for these kids to come then our son (born nov 27th lol).

· goat Mamma
263 Posts
Well congrats on your boy and good luck with kidding.. I know how to play the waiting game well. The doe I thought would go first is still holding out a week and a half after the others all had theirs, and I'm still checking and waiting and checking and sighing and checking some more...funny thing is so far I've missed them all this year despite all the checking. Hang in there, she can't wait forever.

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I'm hoping we don't miss them haha. Hence the checking and re checking and sighing and checking and when I don't get a good enough view on the camera or hear something that doesn't sound like the goats chewing or the chickens that have taken up living in with the goats I end up going out to check on them LOL!

· Registered
825 Posts
:) LOL! Welcome to the club of goat owners whose pregnant does are driving them nuts! Wishing you luck, and I hope they're born soon (for your sake, if not for the doe's)!

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So we were out for most of the day trying to finish Christmas shopping and such.

Just checked on the goats and here's one of the girls lady parts. She's the one who's ligaments were completely gone when I first posted. Also she no longer wants anyone to touch her.

Ear Bat Carnivore Fawn Liver
Primate Fawn Dog breed Terrestrial animal Tail

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.