1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
528 Posts
We had a lot of this in the local communities near me. Some where recovered fortunately. Many speculations include trying to resell them because even show wethers are going $400 and up this year. One guy that got picked up for possession apparently didn't even know they where stolen he was asked to home a small herd till they could move them.

It's really sad when some have been stolen right out of highschool farms

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
It’s been INSANE the last few years! A friend of my parents had her dog and 12 of her goats taken, boer goats. Never recovered. A guy that sells super expensive show wethers had half his herd stolen. I’m only a half hour from Fresno I’ve been over it the last few years. No one comes to my house any more, it sucks that means no one can see sire, dam, and the condition the animals are kept in, but it’s not worth it. Between the wacky animals rights people and the down right criminal jerks I’m not dealing with it. People can meet me or not buy and I’ll ship them for butcher. California is very goofy on their laws, before I figured either my dog would take care of trespassers or my shotgun would but when people end up in jail defending their things and dogs are put down for defending their people this is the only solution I have :/.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
California is very goofy on their laws, before I figured either my dog would take care of trespassers or my shotgun would but when people end up in jail defending their things and dogs are put down for defending their people this is the only solution I have :/.
That's terrible!!!
The government is literally taking away our rights! Right to bear arms is the 2th amendment!
I dont think I could ever live in California.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that really does suck.
@Jessica84 come to Texas. We can sick a dog on somebody and we can defend our property with a weapon if we have a no trespassing sign!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
:ponder: Hmmm ... This also means that in Texas also an animal offender can protect his/her crimes from view. :ponder: And those who think animals have no rights, often also forget that these people often go on with children. :ponder:

·
I'm watching you
22,198 Posts
:ponder: Hmmm ... This also means that in Texas also an animal offender can protect his/her crimes from view. :ponder: And those who think animals have no rights, often also forget that these people often go on with children. :ponder:
Huh?

California is a sanctuary state meaning anyone can follow whatever belief they have be it stealing goats because they want to 'free' them or being a gang member. People are not allowed to defend themselves on their own property.

Texas is a castle state meaning that people on your property are intruders and dogs that defend or owners who chase off thieves are within their rights. Actually having to shoot an armed intruder has consequences but, is normally better than losing your life.

There are animal abuses in every state. They tend to be more harshly dealt with in castle states where lifestyle is much more closely watched.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
that really does suck.
@Jessica84 come to Texas. We can sick a dog on somebody and we can defend our property with a weapon if we have a no trespassing sign!
Actually we don't even need a sign. If your gate posts and corner posts on your fence line have purple stripes on them, you're protected, and it's the same as having signs. They just have to be three inches wide.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
purple stripes on them, you're protected, and it's the same as having signs. They just have to be three inches wide.
Oh yes! Plenty of people have the purple top fence post around here!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
that really does suck.
We have to call the cops. We do have a lot of harmless trespassers that come out to picnic or take pictures of the flowers or the most common one right now is the Asians taking pictures of the cows because we are on the way to yosemite, but usually a 5'2 crazy girl yelling at them (me) gets them moving pretty fast. But if I pull a gun then the cops are on my front step. Depending on how good of a lawyer I have will decide how much trouble I will get into. For every law we have we basically have one that says the total opposite.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
In MS, it is illegal to "brandish" or show a weapon to someone to imply a threat. It is legal to carry gun in a holster, anywhere except specially exempt places. If you use a gun on someone, you have to prove that it was your life or his.

Reactions: NigerianNewbie

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
How awful, I have a for sale sign up on my place now. I am getting out.
Going to Kentucky if all works out. ;)
My wife told me a.good couple new CA laws; manhole covers cannot be referred to as such, too gender specific. New name Maintenance Hole covers.
Manwich to be not sold there any more.
Don't know if true. lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts