Featured To the California residents!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nigerian dwarf goat, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Nigerian dwarf goat

Nigerian dwarf goat Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Iluvlilly! and mariarose like this.
  2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

That is a shame. I hope the thieves get caught.

Nigerian dwarf goat likes this.

3. Trollmor

Trollmor Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    Do not be so sure the thief/thieves are in for breeding! Do protect your goats! There are sick people out there ...

4. CCCSAW

CCCSAW Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2019
    California
    We had a lot of this in the local communities near me. Some where recovered fortunately. Many speculations include trying to resell them because even show wethers are going $400 and up this year. One guy that got picked up for possession apparently didn't even know they where stolen he was asked to home a small herd till they could move them.

It's really sad when some have been stolen right out of highschool farms

5. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    It’s been INSANE the last few years! A friend of my parents had her dog and 12 of her goats taken, boer goats. Never recovered. A guy that sells super expensive show wethers had half his herd stolen. I’m only a half hour from Fresno I’ve been over it the last few years. No one comes to my house any more, it sucks that means no one can see sire, dam, and the condition the animals are kept in, but it’s not worth it. Between the wacky animals rights people and the down right criminal jerks I’m not dealing with it. People can meet me or not buy and I’ll ship them for butcher. California is very goofy on their laws, before I figured either my dog would take care of trespassers or my shotgun would but when people end up in jail defending their things and dogs are put down for defending their people this is the only solution I have :/.

6. healthyishappy

healthyishappy Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Utah
    That's terrible!!!
    The government is literally taking away our rights! Right to bear arms is the 2th amendment!
    I dont think I could ever live in California.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  7. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    that really does suck.
    @Jessica84 come to Texas. We can sick a dog on somebody and we can defend our property with a weapon if we have a no trespassing sign!

ScottE, Dwarf Dad, Jessica84 and 2 others like this.
  8. healthyishappy

healthyishappy Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Utah
    Heck I need to move there!

9. Trollmor

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    :ponder: Hmmm ... This also means that in Texas also an animal offender can protect his/her crimes from view. :ponder: And those who think animals have no rights, often also forget that these people often go on with children. :ponder:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  10. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

Huh?

California is a sanctuary state meaning anyone can follow whatever belief they have be it stealing goats because they want to 'free' them or being a gang member. People are not allowed to defend themselves on their own property.

Texas is a castle state meaning that people on your property are intruders and dogs that defend or owners who chase off thieves are within their rights. Actually having to shoot an armed intruder has consequences but, is normally better than losing your life.

There are animal abuses in every state. They tend to be more harshly dealt with in castle states where lifestyle is much more closely watched.

11. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Actually we don't even need a sign. If your gate posts and corner posts on your fence line have purple stripes on them, you're protected, and it's the same as having signs. They just have to be three inches wide.

12. Trollmor

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
  13. Nigerian dwarf goat

Sep 24, 2017
    Texas
    Oh yes! Plenty of people have the purple top fence post around here!

GoofyGoat likes this.
  14. Jessica84

Jessica84 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    California
    We have to call the cops. We do have a lot of harmless trespassers that come out to picnic or take pictures of the flowers or the most common one right now is the Asians taking pictures of the cows because we are on the way to yosemite, but usually a 5’2 crazy girl yelling at them (me) gets them moving pretty fast. But if I pull a gun then the cops are on my front step. Depending on how good of a lawyer I have will decide how much trouble I will get into. For every law we have we basically have one that says the total opposite.

15. CCCSAW

CCCSAW Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2019
    California
    Yep, hate this.

Trollmor likes this.
  16. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

In MS, it is illegal to "brandish" or show a weapon to someone to imply a threat. It is legal to carry gun in a holster, anywhere except specially exempt places. If you use a gun on someone, you have to prove that it was your life or his.

NigerianNewbie likes this.
  17. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How awful, I have a for sale sign up on my place now. I am getting out.
    Going to Kentucky if all works out. ;)

GoofyGoat and Dwarf Dad like this.
  18. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

My wife told me a.good couple new CA laws; manhole covers cannot be referred to as such, too gender specific. New name Maintenance Hole covers.
    Manwich to be not sold there any more.
    Don't know if true. lol

19. Trollmor

Aug 19, 2011
    Goatless in Sweden
    Ouff, where are the Human Rights, the right to know???

CCCSAW likes this.
  20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    California is going to far on all things, yep true. :(