The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted Saturday eve about two nannies I bought to replace some I sold. Well I had them in a small pen so I did temps and a good look over. One may have a precarious utter but that’s another story for later. I named them Snoopy and Maybelle. Snoopy had a high temp of 104.8f. I saw some clumpy stool laying by her so I assumed it was hers. I bagged and tagged and put in my goat fridge. This evening I thought I may just go and take fresh fecal from the goat and get Maybelle’s also. (Maybelle didn’t have a temp problem, 102.8f) I caught Maybelle and pull sample. When I caught Snoopy, she had no fecal in her rectum to get. So I went back to my office and ran the clump I had and the fecal from Maybelle. Both fecals I ran had no problems what so ever. No BP, Coccidia or anything else I could see. I think 4-5 BP in Snoopy and zero in Maybelle. My question is as such, “is it normal for a goat not to have pellets inside for a fecal to be pulled? I mean this is a first for me. Next question is should I continue the Noromycin 300 shots now. I mean no temp problem now and no worm problem but both still not eating very much. I am feeding a few green leaves like oak, gum and pecan plus hay. I bought some calf mana to mix in with my other feed for the rest of the pregnant herd. What’s your thoughts with this scenario? I will be keeping them guaranteened for 4 weeks.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
Wait a week and redo fecal. Worms shed in stages and you may have gotten a clean fecal do to this. Just to be sure..

·
TKC Farms
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finish at least a 5 day course on antibiotics. Work on rumens. Probiotics, B Complex and dark beer.
This makes sense to me. I gave probotics powder mixed with water in my drench gun. I keep in in a fridge that gets down to about 50 degrees just to keep it cool because the metal building my stuff is in gets hot. The only problem I now have with it is it gets kinda hard. Do you think it’s still ok? I have about half a jar left. I keep black beer ready at all times and use it when I need to.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
TKC Farms
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is some pics made this morning. I don’t know what they have been eating but they are refusing alfalfa & Oats mixed 50/50. It appears that if they eat anything it’s a few oats out of the mix. A few leaves if I’ll hold them for them. I did notice this morning several of my goats didn’t eat the alfalfa. I smelled it and can’t tell anything wrong with it. It doesn’t appear to ever have been wet except for a clump I found in one trough.
Plant Goat Grass Fence Terrestrial animal
Dog breed Plant Grass Fawn Terrestrial animal
Eye Mammal Grass Fence Plant

The brown one is Snoopy and the black & white is Maybelle.

·
TKC Farms
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They look in pretty good shape.
Thanks, I think they are in pretty good shape but the not eating disturbs me. I think I’ll mix in some calf mama this evening and see if that helps. I thinking of adding it to the herds diet also to put on a little weight. Only thing is that they are all PG and I don’t want to get them overweight. I do think a copper bolus is in order.

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
They may just need a few days to settle In. To remove the tags, use cooking oil. I use the spray type when I touch the sticky fly strips and get that glue on me. Just spray a little and rub into sticker back as you lift..go slow and add more oil as needed. 😉 hope it helps.
Both girls are pretty and do look healthy. The horned doe does need a bit more weight on her but sure that will happen in your care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts