The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today we went to TSC and there is some what a presume to be a homeless man with his shopping cart near the entrance of the store, he was smoking and pulling his knife in and out of the case and waving it around. Seriously where are these people coming from? It seems like we see an increasing homeless population every winter.

Seems like we are living in changing times. So please don’t fall into the normalization bias mode, pay attention to your surroundings and be safe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least 20% of homeless people have mental health issues. Many of them are also the result of the unemployment rates rising. The rest are there out of choice.
I agree. Be vigilant
I would wager to say that it may be closer to 25% that have mental issues. Combined with addiction it's an awful combination. Not taking a swipe at homeless people by any means, it's just that there are outside factors influencing the influx of homeless and I am not really sure those intending to help really are.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We shouldnt be fearful of them. But you should never put yourself in an unsafe position. But its not only homeless people. It could be any one in your environment.
Sadly this is very true, people need to maintain situational awareness and act accordingly.
I guess my real issue is with TSC they should have taken some action to curb his activity. By no means should someone be allowed block an entry to a store and make threatening gestures at people. While the store takes a blind eye approach. Not that I would expect their loss prevention person to intervene, I would expect them to take appropriate measures, such as making a phone call.

I get to deal with people at their worst most every day and I would rather not have to deal with it on my off hours.

Rant Off

1 - 7 of 7 Posts