Today was a GREAT day! - Pics added!!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Jan 16, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So today was a wonderful day for me so I had to share!!

Abba is home - safe and sound and with the girls!!! He is LOVING life!

Got test results back for pregnancy -

Daisie Mae - pygmy, Jewelz - reg nigi, and Lola - Boer/Sanaan are all pregnant by Blue!!! Woo Hoo!

Haven't received the pics on Caramel and the Boer - but that is ok!!

Just had to share my excitement!!!!!

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Today was a GREAT day!

I was wondering how it all went!!! Glad that you got Abba all settled in.

3. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia

:wahoo:
    Good days are awesome :greengrin: :greengrin: :greengrin:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats!! Definately an exciting day! You'll have to get some pics of Abba! You sure got a nice buck there!!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh thats wonderful news Alison! And the confirmed pregnancies in the same day -- wonderful

6. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

As I told you earlier... I am so very happy for you!!! :leap: and I can't wait to see more pics of Abba :love:

7. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

Wow that's exciting!! :cool:

8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Congrats on the great day and the pregnant does. :clap:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

sounds wonderful...I am happy for you.... :) :greengrin: :wahoo:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

well, we went to take pics last night of Abba, and of course the batteries were dead - but he was nervous too, so I just gave him loves, trimmings, vaxs, worming, and sent him to the girls.

But today I have charged batteries - mmmuuuuaaaahhhhhh - he is in for it now! LOL!

The other thing that I didn't mention last night when I did this thread (scared of jinxing myself) was that Luna, my brown mastiff, had her spay yesterday - which isn't a big deal - BUT this was the first surgery on any of my animals that I was not the surgical nurse for - let alone not even in the building. And on top of it, she is the same exact age as my Bordeaux mastiff that we lost from GVD. SOOOOO - I was a nervous wreck.

Well, we got to the vet to pick her up - and found out that she almost didn't make it through surgery. She lost ALOT of blood. Had bleeders in there that they were having difficulty finding and stopping - and they were concerned. My friend vet is the one who did the surgery for me and that is the ONLY reason they didn't send her to Pet Emergency for the night to be monitored and let me bring her home. So all night last night I was paniced and was up every hour checking on her - temp, CRT, incision, abdomin palpating for blood pooling. It was a nightmare.

But this morning she is doing well - so I feel comfortable talking about it :)

Will bring pics soon!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

O my, poor Luna! Good thing she has a mommy like you that knows how to care for her IF the situation would have worsened. Give her lots of lovin's and quiet time......and we can wait on those piccies for Luna's sake :hug:

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - I just got done with the entire post and instead of hitting submit - I decided to hit "view active posts". Mabey I should be doing my homework!!! LOL!

So anyway I am posting TONS of pics!!

First off the main man - CornerStone Farms Abba *S (is that a moon spot or two on his left side????) And yes his spot is supposed to be white - but we all know how lovely rutt is!

Hunny - I'm home -

[​IMG]

Come give me a kiss -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

k- are these moon spots?

[​IMG]

Trinity's head - is this a moon spot?

[​IMG]

This was to cute - Tubba Bubba Trisha - how far can I sqish the nigis together???

[​IMG]

Dora is due 28 Feb what do you think???

Taken 12/27

[​IMG]

And today on 1/17

[​IMG]

Fire's leg 3 months post incident -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bad leg in the background

[​IMG]

Luna's incision - they had to make it quite a bit bigger incision because of her complications -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And last but not least - Caramel.....

Caramel at 1 month -

[​IMG]

Caramel at 1 year (on the 28th)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well it looks like Abba is fitting in just fine!!! He is GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on him!! :leap:

And think Caramel is adorable!! :leap: At is a that a small Joe Dirt fro that I see growing?????? :shocked:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome home Abba!

As to moonspots on Abba -- he is a buckskin so no those are just part of his buckskin pattern. As to the doe... possibly -- depends on what pattern she is.

Poor Luna, I am so glad things worked out well for her though and for you. :hug:

Carmel is a cutie :love:

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Abba has settled in very nicely and I do think that Dora will be giving you twins...Caramel looks like he's smiling in those pics and he looks to have grown very nicely in the last year.

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oooh, I love Abba!! :love: Is that raw skin on the back of his front legs?? Did he pee too much on himself or something? Kinda gross. ;) But he still so very handsome. Love the rear leg set on that boy, verrry nice!

Caramel looks pretty long but if I were you, Abba would be #1 man in the herd. But it is all up to you in the end. :) You will do what is best for your goaties and your program.

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Olivia,

You know - I trimmed his hooves, felt him all over last night, and was in the barn with him, and never noticed it - but I will go out and check again - cause now I feel horrible if I didn't notice it...... I will let you know.

The ONLY reason I didn't like Joy's udder (caramels dam) was that it didn't seem to fill all the way this last pregnancy, but I think it was a nutritional thing, cause I had one other that was older and "experienced" do the same thing. I talked to a couple of Joy's previous owners and all of them said that she had had an awesome udder for them - so maybe it was the hay at the time??? I know it was not the best, but until cutting, that was all that was around here...... but we will see!

I am not settling on bringing home Caramel. I just got a call from a lady that I sold China to - BEAUTIFUL first time udder..... well, come to find out - Joe got to her before she left and she is uddering up big time! I told her to call me as soon as the kids are born as I want first dibs!!! So we will see!

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    see look at that, Dirt babies on their way from more does then you thought! :cool:

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, don't feel bad if you may have missed it. Maybe it's just the pic though? Or the lighting, I don't know. . . .

That is great that Joe has more babies on the way! So, maybe that worked out for the best anyways? As to the doe not giving a lot of milk. How many babies did she have? What time of year? Some does will not produce the highest amount of milk in a fall or winter freshening but will produce more in the spring.

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    She typically would have quads - and this time gave twins. It was in September. I really think that she had them early. I had put a young ram that was going to butcher in with her overnight so that it would be easier to grab him in the morning to load him up because he was not tame at all. When we got home that night we had two tiny twins on the ground and dry and no udder! She produced enough for them but that was it.

I will let you know when I go out - what I find with Abba. I have lots of Petroleum Jelly that I can put on it if it is pee burn!